+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Barclay

Ben Barclay

Signed for Stockport. Now I know he wasn’t particularly any good for us, but he played 31 games in league 1 last season. He seems very highly rated by Accrington fans.

He turned down a move to Sheffield Wednesday to sign for Stockport, they must be throwing some serious money at players. Promotion or bust for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Signed for Stockport. Now I know he wasn’t particularly any good for us, but he played 31 games in league 1 last season. He seems very highly rated by Accrington fans.

He turned down a move to Sheffield Wednesday to sign for Stockport, they must be throwing some serious money at players. Promotion or bust for sure.

A couple of years in the development of a young player can make a lot of difference. He has a decent enough pedigree.

I thought he was a decent player. Great signing for Stockport.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post

I think it will be more a case of promotion or next season throw more money at it to be fair. The guy who owns them is incredibly wealthy. They have just bought another local club to run an academy through so they are investing at grass roots as well and he is clearly in it for the long haul like our own owners. They will be very very strong this season.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think it will be more a case of promotion or next season throw more money at it to be fair. The guy who owns them is incredibly wealthy. They have just bought another local club to run an academy through so they are investing at grass roots as well and he is clearly in it for the long haul like our own owners. They will be very very strong this season.
    I don't think he's that wealthy. Probably in the same bracket as Trew and we saw how that ended. That wasn't even with massive signings either

Mr Mark David Stott holds 65 appointments at 65 active companies, has resigned from 22 companies and held 21 appointments at 21 dissolved companies. Their longest current appointment spans 19 years, 9 months and 30 days at SELECT GROUP INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
    The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where MARK holds a current appointment equals £3.6m, a combined total current assets value of £393.7m with a total current liabilities of £454.4m and a total current net worth of £-73.8m. Roles associated with Mr Mark David Stott within the recorded businesses include: Director, Llp Designated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Mr Mark David Stott holds 65 appointments at 65 active companies, has resigned from 22 companies and held 21 appointments at 21 dissolved companies. Their longest current appointment spans 19 years, 9 months and 30 days at SELECT GROUP INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
    The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where MARK holds a current appointment equals £3.6m, a combined total current assets value of £393.7m with a total current liabilities of £454.4m and a total current net worth of £-73.8m. Roles associated with Mr Mark David Stott within the recorded businesses include: Director, Llp Designated Member

He's in property, that is in a massive bubble at the moment with a lot of liabilities on his companies

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He's in property, that is in a massive bubble at the moment with a lot of liabilities on his companies
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I don't think he's that wealthy. Probably in the same bracket as Trew and we saw how that ended. That wasn't even with massive signings either
    He has a hell of lot more available cash and net worth than Ray Trew. Just a small amount of research online reveals that. I appreciate that does not suit your argument but it is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    He has a hell of lot more available cash and net worth than Ray Trew. Just a small amount of research online reveals that. I appreciate that does not suit your argument but it is the case.
    That may be the case, but what he is doing at Stockport is unsustainable. We know that from experience. They are a club with very limited growth capacity as they operate in an area dominated by the Manchester sides. The wage bill there must already be massive. He won't see any sort of profit until Stockport make the Championship...if that ever happens (which is unlikely). No business person in the world likes losing money. It will end in tears for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast