+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Val Keeps Saying the Right Things

Val Keeps Saying the Right Things

Really impressed with Val so far and his communication and the committed players seem right behind him! Like this tweet below as it’s honest:

Pat Frost
    @KitmanPat
    I like Ismaels honesty regarding MP there hasn’t been enough of it over the last few seasons at WBA,get him sold as quick as possible and reinvest the funds sooner rather than later

Many may have differing views on what Pereira said but he could have simply communicated - I am a West Brom player until told otherwise and until that time 100% committed in playing for them with focus on Fridays game!

The blast at Val - what does that do for team morale? Last season there were too many times where he sulked and threw his toys out of the pram! Get rid!
    Last edited by baggieal; 02-08-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Really impressed with Val so far and his communication and the committed players seem right behind him! Like this tweet below as it’s honest:

Pat Frost
    @KitmanPat
    I like Ismaels honesty regarding MP there hasn’t been enough of it over the last few seasons at WBA,get him sold as quick as possible and reinvest the funds sooner rather than later

Many may have differing views on what Pereira said but he could have simply communicated - I am a West Brom player until told otherwise and until that time 100% committed in playing for them with focus on Fridays game!

The blast at Val - what does that do for team morale? Last season there were too many times where he sulked and threw his toys out of the pram! Get rid!
    Can’t stand bullies of any sort. I know many have welcomed the new Managers forthright approach. However, in my opinion that only works with average players. Better players, and better employees, need structure but flexibility and opportunities to be creative. Not dictated to. Maybe he is a luxury player and therefore one we cannot accommodate at our level but that is another discussion.

This argument started in the public domain by the Manager saying that Pereira was not committed and basically having a go at him. He could just as easily have said, Pereira is contracted to us at the moment, yes he would like a move away and we are working with him to see if that will be possible.

He made it personal, he put it in the public domain and in my opinion he has made the situation worse because realistically we may NOT get the money we need for Pereira and that might mean him still being here this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Can’t stand bullies of any sort. I know many have welcomed the new Managers forthright approach. However, in my opinion that only works with average players. Better players, and better employees, need structure but flexibility and opportunities to be creative. Not dictated to. Maybe he is a luxury player and therefore one we cannot accommodate at our level but that is another discussion.

This argument started in the public domain by the Manager saying that Pereira was not committed and basically having a go at him. He could just as easily have said, Pereira is contracted to us at the moment, yes he would like a move away and we are working with him to see if that will be possible.

He made it personal, he put it in the public domain and in my opinion he has made the situation worse because realistically we may NOT get the money we need for Pereira and that might mean him still being here this season.

Fair points but Pereira could easily have said - I remain 100% committed to West Brom to where I am contracted unless West Brom agree any deal with another club, and I remain focused on the forthcoming games. Did he say that? Did he hell! In one breath he said he's committed and the other breath he says he wants to leave.

Val was just being honest and to many saying nothing gets another chorus of typical West Brom with lack of communication!

Too often at West Brom player power has dictated - look at Pepe Mel! Any manager should be respected and he's the boss!

Ben Foster left the right way by using carefully worded communication.

Hey Al, hes very good at saying the right things is the big Valbowski lol. But its when he starts saying the wrong things, then you should all start to worry.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)