+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Days Other Games (Season 2021-21)

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I think you will be O.K. against Burton Wander
    They've just loaned 3 players from Leicester and Championship teams so TBH I don't know what to expect from them. Whereas we are very predictable - loads of possession, gaps at the back and "variable" up front. We'll see soon enough.

BWFC 0 Burton robbing barstewards 0

Too angry to comment.

Monday Game (06/09/21)

League One

Bolt on 0 Burton Albion 0

Did you go on Wander ?

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Monday Game (06/09/21)

League One

Bolt on 0 Burton Albion 0

Did you go on Wander ?
    No mate - after a long day driving a Luton van moving my youngest out of our house (again FFS!) to his new place, lugging his furniture and assembling beds etc I went to the pub for a few pints and got back in time to watch it on SKY.
    Should have stayed in the pub. Cracking game that we totally dominated but we were robbed - a disallowed goal that should have stood, a stonewall pen not given - and 90 minutes of resolute defending from Burton TBF.

No VAR unfortunately so the ref got away with it but it didn't help that SKY kept showing the key incidents from every angle and the comms and pundits banged on about how robbed we were - which really didn't help my mood.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    No mate - after a long day driving a Luton van moving my youngest out of our house (again FFS!) to his new place, lugging his furniture and assembling beds etc I went to the pub for a few pints and got back in time to watch it on SKY.
    Should have stayed in the pub. Cracking game that we totally dominated but we were robbed - a disallowed goal that should have stood, a stonewall pen not given - and 90 minutes of resolute defending from Burton TBF.

No VAR unfortunately so the ref got away with it but it didn't help that SKY kept showing the key incidents from every angle and the comms and pundits banged on about how robbed we were - which really didn't help my mood.
    Bollox to VAR, you were robbed by piss poor refereeing and not getting the run of the ball, that's the game we all know and love, proper football. If you think VAR is the answer, run through the highlights of the Leeds v Burnley game last season.

I was flicking between the Solheim Cup and the Notlobs game. Very poor decision IMHO to disallow the BWFC "goal" but WTF was Doyle doing?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I was flicking between the Solheim Cup and the Notlobs game. Very poor decision IMHO to disallow the BWFC "goal" but WTF was Doyle doing?
    Absolutely loved the Solheim Cup. The only sour note was the on course official imposing the ten second rule on a putt that would not have dropped in a million years.

Trying to get out of the way as far as I could tell. When their goalie dived full length, he still didn't reach Doyle so how the f*** he was adjudged to be interfering I'll never know.
    Did you see the two handed shove in the back at the death? The ref did.
    I don't understand how the pundits justified the ref not giving that stonewall pen on the basis that "it was very late in the game". WTF has the time got to do with anything?

I love VAR but hate the dickheads who interpret it.
    We were relegated instead of Everton once when the ref didn't give us a goal that was a yard over the line so I'm a big fan of goal line tech too.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    I love VAR but hate the dickheads who interpret it.
    We were relegated instead of Everton once when the ref didn't give us a goal that was a yard over the line so I'm a big fan of goal line tech too.
    Totally different though. Goal line tech is black and white, however, VAR just introduces two more opinions to comment/judge a decision.
    Remember the good old days with 3 people to officiate at the top level and throughout the league system. We now have 6 officials doing the job at the top level and 4 throughout the league and wrong decisions are still made.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)