+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Days Other Games (Season 2021-21)

I used to think Burton were ok by doing what they did on a limited budget etc, and Nigel Clough did a really good job there.
    But after a few seasons of playing them and finding them to be a stubborn annoying hard to beat side, they quickly became annoying!.

I have to (begrudgingly) admire the job that JFH has done there recently in terms of their mentality and it's a masterclass in don't lose football with a 541 formation - although it was a 64 formation for the vast majority of Monday's game. Saved them from relegation last season and they won't go down this year.
    Amazing tactics coming from a striker like JFH.
    Must be a hard watch for their fans though.

Saturday Games (11/09/21)

Premier League

Crystal Palace12:30Tottenham Hotspur BT SPORTS
    Arsenal15:00Norwich City
    Brentford15:00Brighton & Hove Albion
    Leicester City15:00Manchester City
    Manchester United15:00Newcastle United
    Southampton15:00West Ham United
    Watford15:00Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Chelsea17:30Aston Villa SKY SPORTS MAIN EVENT

Championship

bastids15:00Luton Town
    Blackpool15:00Fulham
    AFC Bournemouth15:00Barnsley
    Bristol City15:00Preston North End
    Coventry City15:00Middlesbrough
    Reading15:00Queens Park Rangers
    Sheffield United15:00Peterborough United
    Stoke City15:00Huddersfield Town
    Swansea City15:00Hull City
    West Bromwich Albion15:00Millwall

League One

Burton Albion15:00Gillingham
    Cambridge United15:00Lincoln City
    Charlton Athletic15:00Cheltenham Town
    Ipswich Town15:00Bol ton
    Milton Keynes Dons15:00Portsmouth
    Morecambe15:00AFC Wimbledon
    Oxford United15:00Wycombe Wanderers
    Plymouth Argyle15:00Sheffield Wednesday
    Rotherham United15:00Fleetwood Town
    Shrewsbury Town15:00Crewe Alexandra
    Sunderland15:00Accrington Stanley
    Wigan Athletic15:00Doncaster Rovers

League Two

Crawley Town15:00Carlisle United
    Forest Green Rovers15:00Northampton Town
    Hartlepool United15:00Bristol Rovers
    Leyton Orient15:00Oldham Athletic
    Rochdale15:00Tranmere Rovers
    Salford City15:00Bradford City
    S****horpe United15:00Exeter City
    Sutton United15:00Stevenage
    Swindon Town15:00Port Vale
    Walsall15:00Mansfield Town

National League

Bromley 15:00 Boreham Wood

Scottish League Two

Albion Rovers 15:00 Cowdenbeath

Friday Results (10/09/21)

I watched the Birmingham game and It made me think I was seeing another game as the commentator(s) kept saying the Referee Gavin Ward had the game under control and was having a good game, if that was one of the Ref's "Good Games" I'd hate to see one of his bad one's, he had little control over the players who were having little (and big) digs at each other and at least half a dozen of his decisions left me nonplussed, he was very poor and both teams players seemed to take the mickey.

Championship

Birmingham City 2 Derby County 0

League Two

Barrow 2 Colchester United 3

Harrogate Town 2 Newport County 2

Championship tonight with Derby passing it around and getting nowhere fast, in spite of having 68% possession. Birmingham won 2-0 and had 13 shots with 4 on target against Derby's 7 shots with 2 on target.
    Birmingham have now played 6 games, won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1.
    They have averaged just under 40% possession in those games but have had 74 shots with 24 on target against their opponents 60% possession with 58 shots and 15 on target. Brum have scored 9 and conceded 3.
    Their best win being against Sheffield United when they had just 24% possession, had 9 shots against 16 by the Blades but both teams had only 2 on target and Brum won 1-0.

Modern possession football rules---so who would want to watch Brum?

I would'nt like to watch anyone with Gavin Ward in charge Sub

Colchester deserve congratulations, not just for winning at Barrow but actually getting there to play the game. 325 miles on the M1 and M6 with the usual Friday traffic jams. The deserve the points, and then they have the drive back, best of luck with that one lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I would'nt like to watch anyone with Gavin Ward in charge Sub
    Alto --as you know, I never listen to commentary etc., I just watch the game, however, I thought that Gavin Ward kept the lid on things very well and his management enabled him to keep all players on the field when it threatened to boil over. Players will push things as much as possible and that is exactly what they did, however, he was well aware and cautioned those who needed to be cautioned and he had words, off the ball, with quite a number of other players as play continued.
    He used common sense in the 75th minute when he had words with Tom Lawrence and instructed him to calm down because he had just been cautioned and was looking likely to overstep the mark. The advice from the ref was enough to sort him out.

All about opinions, alto, you thought that he was poor, I thought he did OK in a match made more difficult because of the stupid actions of players. Common sense won the day ---not often that we can say that these days!

Typical Wanderers game so far....HT it's Ipswich 2 Notlob 3 FFS.

My nerves are shredded.

https://twitter.com/bwfcbwfc/status/...400567298?s=21
    Last edited by wanderlust; 11-09-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Alto --as you know, I never listen to commentary etc., I just watch the game, however, I thought that Gavin Ward kept the lid on things very well and his management enabled him to keep all players on the field when it threatened to boil over. Players will push things as much as possible and that is exactly what they did, however, he was well aware and cautioned those who needed to be cautioned and he had words, off the ball, with quite a number of other players as play continued.
    He used common sense in the 75th minute when he had words with Tom Lawrence and instructed him to calm down because he had just been cautioned and was looking likely to overstep the mark. The advice from the ref was enough to sort him out.

All about opinions, alto, you thought that he was poor, I thought he did OK in a match made more difficult because of the stupid actions of players. Common sense won the day ---not often that we can say that these days!
    Its good that we are all different Sub, or it would be boring

EDIT: Forgot to say, He did give some wrong decisions though.
    Last edited by Altobelli; 11-09-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)