+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey and politics??

Turkey and politics??

Turkey not allowing Israeli consul to visit jailed couple.

Lets start again. You go on holiday to Turkey. enjoy your visit ,seeing the attractions ,take a few photos , and...........

Your slapped in jail!!!

Israeli couple detained in Istanbul last week are merely unfortunate pawns in Turkish leader's twisted game of political survival, as the country further slides into economic turmoil and the people are growing tired of the decrepit Sultan
    The pair could have easily been Dutch or American, but Israelis are far "***ier." The term "connections to the Mossad" always makes great headlines.

The Oaknins took the photo of Erdogan’s palace while in the Camilca Tower, a television tower that opened earlier this year and is the tallest in Europe. A waitress heard them talking about it and reported them to the police.
    Concern is growing in Jerusalem about the status of Natali and Mordy Oaknin, the two Israelis arrested in Istanbul after taking a photograph of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s palace.

The move toward spying charges against the Oaknins, Egged bus drivers who live in Modi’in, (in the west bank) sparked widespread speculation in Hebrew media that Erdogan’s government could be using their case for political reasons, which could further damage the poor state of relations between Jerusalem and Ankara that has lasted for over a decade.
    The couple was arrested about a month after Turkey arrested 15 alleged Mossad spies, whose photos Turkish media revealed. Israeli sources denied the charges.

Turkey and Israel technically maintain diplomatic relations, but they have been strained for most of the past decade since the Erdogan-linked IHH (Humanitarian Relief Foundation) sent the Mavi Marmara ship to break the IDF’s naval blockade on Gaza, arming some of the people aboard. IDF naval commandos stopped the ship, killing nine activists after they were attacked.
    Erdogan has been openly hostile toward Israel, supports Hamas and funds anti-Israel organizations in east Jerusalem.

This is all part of Erdogan's plan: Get as many headlines as you can to divert the Turkish people's criticism away from himself, his party and his ebbing popularity.
    Over the past few years, Erdogan has already played this trick with Germany, Russian, the Netherlands, the U.S. and even China.

Turkey's attempt to spark a diplomatic incident with Israel last month over the arrest of 15 men alleged to be Mossad agents spying on Hamas officials in the country did not really pan out and did not really provide the boost in the polls Erdogan was looking for. In the end, no one could really confirm who these "agents" worked for, all of whom were Palestinian Muslims from the Gaza Strip.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/...-turkey-684943

There's also the Jewish/American doing eleven years in Myanmar for doing not much, "Fenster" I think his name his?

Stay on your kibbutz my mate, it's safer.

Its all a game to these Countries and their leaders, trouble is its the working class folk who take the fall and no one really gives a flying phuck any more especially people in high authority, its a different world nowadays

I can't have much sympathy for them, they must have been well aware of the fraught political situation between Turkey and Israel and yet they chose to go there.

I won't even go to Scotland anymore, not that I expect to be thrown into prison on trumped up charges, but after listening to years of ante-English drivel from that arsehole Sturgeon, I will not contribute one penny more than I have to through the Barnett Formula to their economy. Feck 'em, and the Israeli couple should have said the same to Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can't have much sympathy for them, they must have been well aware of the fraught political situation between Turkey and Israel and yet they chose to go there.

I won't even go to Scotland anymore, not that I expect to be thrown into prison on trumped up charges, but after listening to years of ante-English drivel from that arsehole Sturgeon, I will not contribute one penny more than I have to through the Barnett Formula to their economy. Feck 'em, and the Israeli couple should have said the same to Turkey.
    Scotland is off the holiday menu for us too sinkov, Mrs BT thinks Glasgow is a Grade "A" $hithole and I cannot abide Jimmy Krankie and her SNP nonsense.

Attachment 20363

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Turkey not allowing Israeli consul to visit jailed couple.

Lets start again. You go on holiday to Turkey. enjoy your visit ,seeing the attractions ,take a few photos , and...........

Your slapped in jail!!!

Israeli couple detained in Istanbul last week are merely unfortunate pawns in Turkish leader's twisted game of political survival, as the country further slides into economic turmoil and the people are growing tired of the decrepit Sultan
    The pair could have easily been Dutch or American, but Israelis are far "***ier." The term "connections to the Mossad" always makes great headlines.

The Oaknins took the photo of Erdogan’s palace while in the Camilca Tower, a television tower that opened earlier this year and is the tallest in Europe. A waitress heard them talking about it and reported them to the police.
    Concern is growing in Jerusalem about the status of Natali and Mordy Oaknin, the two Israelis arrested in Istanbul after taking a photograph of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s palace.

The move toward spying charges against the Oaknins, Egged bus drivers who live in Modi’in, (in the west bank) sparked widespread speculation in Hebrew media that Erdogan’s government could be using their case for political reasons, which could further damage the poor state of relations between Jerusalem and Ankara that has lasted for over a decade.
    The couple was arrested about a month after Turkey arrested 15 alleged Mossad spies, whose photos Turkish media revealed. Israeli sources denied the charges.

Turkey and Israel technically maintain diplomatic relations, but they have been strained for most of the past decade since the Erdogan-linked IHH (Humanitarian Relief Foundation) sent the Mavi Marmara ship to break the IDF’s naval blockade on Gaza, arming some of the people aboard. IDF naval commandos stopped the ship, killing nine activists after they were attacked.
    Erdogan has been openly hostile toward Israel, supports Hamas and funds anti-Israel organizations in east Jerusalem.

This is all part of Erdogan's plan: Get as many headlines as you can to divert the Turkish people's criticism away from himself, his party and his ebbing popularity.
    Over the past few years, Erdogan has already played this trick with Germany, Russian, the Netherlands, the U.S. and even China.

Turkey's attempt to spark a diplomatic incident with Israel last month over the arrest of 15 men alleged to be Mossad agents spying on Hamas officials in the country did not really pan out and did not really provide the boost in the polls Erdogan was looking for. In the end, no one could really confirm who these "agents" worked for, all of whom were Palestinian Muslims from the Gaza Strip.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/...-turkey-684943
    I have several friends in Tel Aviv, so keep an interested eye on Israel and Jews. There is no doubt in my mind that anti - semitism is on the rise globally. It is tragic, after the horrors of the 20th century and centuries before that, that the Western liberal, woke idiots are obsessed with slavery over 200 years ago yet turn a blind eye to the persecution, harassment and vilification of innocent people that is a daily event in present times. Why should someone not visit a country for fear of persecution - a country in the EU, with all the so- called human rights that it supports.?

What exactly are the Jews guilty of? They live in a land created not by them, but by the UN. They defend themselves against unprovoked missile attacks. They are surrounded by hostile countries. Palestinians living in Israel are better off and better treated there than in Palestine. What exactly have they done wrong?

It is a sick world where such persecution and intolerance is accepted and even supported. Where people like Erdogan are allowed to act with impunity.

If only the State of Israel were a State for All....Inclusive, and as Christian from Crusader, Zionist fron the Jew, I think we'd soon be free of all this anti-semitic antagonism, diisengage from it - reach for unity etc.

Here we go again conflating supposed anti-Semitism because people take a harsh opinion of the actions of the State of Israel.

Let's just say it as it is Muslims hate Jews and vica versa and Turkey and Iran are stoking the fires.

Nearer home, what worries me is the scorn shown by many towards the Jews of North Manchester and they cannot be held responsible for the bloody and nefarious actions of the State of Israel in Palestine.

I suggest the Home Office cleans up our own backyard because there is no doubt in my mind that anti-Semitism is on the rise in the UK and that scares the $hit out of me.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/israeli-envoy-rushed-from-lse-event-amid-threats-to-smash-her-car/

I have long held the view that global Jewry is suffering for the actions of the State of Israel in its own backyard. Sort of like "What goes around, comes around".

A few olive branches thrown to the Arabs of Palestine might go a long way I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Here we go again conflating supposed anti-Semitism because people take a harsh opinion of the actions of the State of Israel.

I have long held the view that global Jewry is suffering for the actions of the State of Israel in its own backyard. Sort of like "What goes around, comes around".
    I have long held the view that it's nothing to do with the actions of the State of Israel, that's just the excuse, the cover, it's anti-Semitism pure and simple. There is a vile regime in China inflicting genocide on the Uyghurs, their oppression of Hong Kong has even caused Amnesty to close their office and leave, but does this lead to attacks on Chinese restaurants in the UK or Chinese people in general in the UK, of course it doesn't, the Chinese go about their daily lives here as usual.

So why should Jewish people be targeted because of the actions of Israel, when the Chinese aren't targeted because of the actions of China ? Simple answer......anti-Semitism.

Sinkov my old mate, I have already agreed that anti-Semitism is on the rise and I propose that how the Israelis treat the Palestinian Arabs is a primary cause.

Make no bones about it, we now have a very large Muslim population spread throughout Europe and any one who thinks this phenomenon makes Jews any safer needs their head examining.

Trouble is the woke brigade would explode if a mainstream politician stated the bleeding obvious.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)