+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't remember

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I think it was because that area where the car park is now was walled in so definitely not there before. The shop was tagged onto the main stand - pretty sure it was all done at the same time.
    Ta, my memory terrible for detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I think it was because that area where the car park is now was walled in so definitely not there before. The shop was tagged onto the main stand - pretty sure it was all done at the same time.
    It looks like it was built at the same time as the Bobby Cox Stand which would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Dundee shankly, Derry, ABC.....that's around 5,800.....centre stand cud be us or away fans as and when required, other wing away fans, Cox away fans when enough.
    In my opinion using the centre stand for away fans is a non starter as this part is used for hospitality seating. Hospitality is a lucrative source of income for the club but sadly too expensive for the ordinary supporter especially when the VAT is added to the price.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    In my opinion using the centre stand for away fans is a non starter as this part is used for hospitality seating. Hospitality is a lucrative source of income for the club but sadly too expensive for the ordinary supporter especially when the VAT is added to the price.
    Hospitality ain't segregated.....so you have away fans in there already.

Only talking about 2 teams that would require that level of away seats.....the two games where they will mostly be sitting empty.

Dee were averaging around 3300 home supporters v old firm last time we were up.

How much do you think it should be for a top level football match, 3 course meal and all the drink you can consume ? Just curious

Hospitality generally isn't for the 'ordinary fan' who wants to go to the pub with his mates, then on to the match then maybe back to the pub again after though. Neither is it for the ordinary fan who gets in his or on the bus, goes to the game then goes home again. It's a level above for those that want to make a day of the experience. But it's there and accessible for the ordinary fan as a special event e.g. for a birthday or anniversary celebration and in reality is not unaffordable for a huge number in these rare instances so definitely not too expensive for the ordinary fan.

For what it's worth (my opinion only) I think hospitality is over priced for what it is - even with VAT (which the club has no choice but to charge) added on. However I don't tend to eat three course dinners at midday and am not a big drinker so I limit it to one or two visits a season.

The club shop was built at the same time as the Coxy and Shankly, it moved from Commercial Street, just up from Rancho Pancho’s, think it was last a nail manicure shop, sitting empty now.
    Last edited by wildebeest; 04-08-2021 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    How much do you think it should be for a top level football match, 3 course meal and all the drink you can consume ? Just curious
    Good question! £25 for the seat, £25 for the meal and £25 for the club. Drink will vary quite a bit but 4or 5 pints at £4 a pint seems to me to mean that the drinks will be around £20.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Good question! £25 for the seat, £25 for the meal and £25 for the club. Drink will vary quite a bit but 4or 5 pints at £4 a pint seems to me to mean that the drinks will be around £20.
    4 or 5 pints? I don't drink a lot but even I have significantly more than that at hospitality.

Easily need to estimate 10 drinks per person.

You left out paying staff and half time snacks, tea and coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    There is no requirement for Hospitality at Dens Park to include as much alcohol as you can consume.
    A three course meal with a pay facility at the bar is more than sufficient. Other clubs manage to do. Lochee United are currently advertising hospitality at Thomson Park for £35 per person which includes match entry, SKY Sports and BT Sports on large screen, two course meal with wine, half time refreshments, 5 drink vouchers and meet the players and coaches. https://www.locheeunited.co.uk/hospitality/
    Whilst the standard of football at Thomson Park is not as high at Dens Park the game might be more entertaining.
    In my opinion Hospitality at Thomson Park is far better value than at Dens Park.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)