+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't remember

Can't remember

Was the club shop built at the same time as the new stands?

I wonder if the marrs even thought about switching home ends at that time.....

Got another wee taster on last Saturday....on what could be.....with a half full stand almost willing the ball in after dee got 3 or 4 corners on the spin.......I just don't feel this happens at the other end.

But some of the people sitting in The Shankly were the same people that normally sit in the Coxy - are you saying it's the people, the stand, the slope, the sun or a combination?

I think the shop moved around the same time because did the wall not come down at the time the stands were built?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    But some of the people sitting in The Shankly were the same people that normally sit in the Coxy - are you saying it's the people, the stand, the slope, the sun or a combination?

I think the shop moved around the same time because did the wall not come down at the time the stands were built?
    Genuinely can't remember.

I think it's a combination of all of them but people kind of sense the slope helps.

Honestly you cud sense a goal was coming and the players fed off the crowd.

I know it's a bit tricky to do and I know folk are clinging to the hope of moving to campy but creating 3 sides of home fans round the bottom goal would imho be worth half a dozen goals and a few points per season.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Genuinely can't remember.

I think it's a combination of all of them but people kind of sense the slope helps.

Honestly you cud sense a goal was coming and the players fed off the crowd.

I know it's a bit tricky to do and I know folk are clinging to the hope of moving to campy but creating 3 sides of home fans round the bottom goal would imho be worth half a dozen goals and a few points per season.
    A couple of questions.
    Where was the club shop before it moved to beside the Bobby Cox Stand.
    Where would away fans sit if three stands in Dens Park were set aside for Dundee supporters.
    I often think that the Away team has an advantage as their supporters sitting the Bob Shankly Stand and sections A,B and C of the Main Stand are much closer to where the teams run out from the Main Stand (in normal times) than the Dundee supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    A couple of questions.
    Where was the club shop before it moved to beside the Bobby Cox Stand.
    Where would away fans sit if three stands in Dens Park were set aside for Dundee supporters.
    I often think that the Away team has an advantage as their supporters sitting the Bob Shankly Stand and sections A,B and C of the Main Stand are much closer to where the teams run out from the Main Stand (in normal times) than the Dundee supporters.
    Dundee shankly, Derry, ABC.....that's around 5,800.....centre stand cud be us or away fans as and when required, other wing away fans, Cox away fans when enough.

That gives room for up to 5600 away fans......probably Celtic and rangers when our home support is lowest.

Shop was in the Forum centre. New inn Entry in the town.

This is bad, I remember shop in keillor centre and was there a wee booth under auld enclosure.

But I can't mind if shop was put up at the same time as stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Oor Wullie View Post
    Shop was in the Forum centre. New inn Entry in the town.
    So was shop put up same time as stands?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    So was shop put up same time as stands?
    I think it was because that area where the car park is now was walled in so definitely not there before. The shop was tagged onto the main stand - pretty sure it was all done at the same time.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)