+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kremlin betrays the Peasants

Kremlin betrays the Peasants

Oxford sold their allocation of 1200, then asked for more which they got. That means half the Habbin will be full of Oxford fans.

Having said that, it is harvest time, so many United fans will be on their tractors.

With a large away following, parking will be scarce, so going will mean going early. If you stay till the end, you wont get away from the ground till 6.

Modern football means that nothing happens in the first half, so get there for 3-30. Dont wait for full time, so go at 4-30.

If you sit in the stand, my knees stick in the back of the person in front, and im jammed up, touching, my neighbours, which i find very uncomfortable, and im only 5. 10 You will need to queue for the loo at half time.

You might get home for 7 or eight. Its like a days work.

All of this for a home defeat. Its Mildenhall v Wroxham, or Swaffham v Walsham Le Willows for me in the FA cup.

My prediction is United 0 Oxford 2. Watching the forward line would have been interesting, lightweights v heavyweights.

Suffering all round.

Graziella of Manzano.

I think that you are slightly exaggerating the situation at the Abbey against Oxford but still go to a non league game instead,it's just as exciting and no where near as many theatrical dives as the league's above and as you have stated entrance is about a third of Cambridge and the burgers n tea are not only cheaper but superior,I've also eyed up the FA Cup fixture list for this Saturday and you're spoilt for choice,I'm going to nip over to watch Newark FC as it's a lovely little town sitting on the Trent and there's a boat there that sells beer and food,it's very pleasant on a summer's day and I've never visited the ground either,with Newark being only 30/40 mins away it's an easy start to this season's travels,let me know how you got on Frank, CUFC doesn't need your money this Saturday

Im not exaggerating. Compare Uniteds new players to Oxfords. I passed a sign for Balderton recently, i nearly applied for a job there, thats near Arnold isnt it? Newark sounds nice. Swaffham will be a new ground for me, its in deepest Norfolk which is where i hope to end up.

Balderton is right next to Newark,was you on the A46 or A1 when you saw the sign?

If you pass Newark it's worth stopping for a couple of hours if you fancy a rest,there's a car park right next to the boat that sells food and drink and opposite the castle,a five minute stroll gets you to the shops etc

Chucking it down at 1pm so I decided to start the ground hopping another day,did you bother Frank?

It was fine here. I went to Swaffam. The road leading to the ground wasnt a road, it was a rutted track one car wide, with brambles half way across the road. I thought the sat nav had made a mistake.

I pulled off at the first exit to find a cricket match in progress, i asked a bloke if there was a football ground anywhere, which there was further down.

I pulled into a small car park being able to hold about 50 cars. There was a club house that sold beer and chocolate and crisps, no coffee or burgers.

The club house was separated from the ground, you needed a pass to get back in if you went into the clubhouse during the game. You could order food for half time, so there must have been a kitchen somewhere.

The ground had three stands, one behind a goal with one row of seats, another stand along the side with about 30 seats, and a broom cupboard that had a bench for about ten people.

The football was physical and hard fought, but little talent, if any really. I left when Swaffam went 3-0 down, there was no point after that.

Walsham Le Willows are actually from Bury St Edmunds, the east side, not Walsham near the coast. The whole thing had a clausterphobic feel, but very english with the cricket as well which you could watch if you wanted too, it was the same ground. The Swaffham left back had some sort of gait problem, when you run, your heels stay aligned.

This bloke ran like Bambi on ice, his heels splayed which seriously restricted his movement. It was Swaffams third defeat already, they look doomed.

The attendance was about 150, and the players do get payed, i asked. If i was twenty again i could have shown those blokes. Whatever they got paid, they should give it back.

Walsham wernt much better. This was the lowest rung of part time football, eastern counties leaguers.

What a great read Frank,I could almost picture it it was that good,proper lower league football as well with a crowd of 150,this is the kind of football that I aim to see this year

Well done Frank

10/10

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)