+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gillingham Manager Steve Evans Says, Spending Out of Control

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The heading ban has sort of started. Restrictions on headers in training are now in place.
    Experts have now come out with, when buying a football, there should be a health warning to heading the ball, I
    always got most pain, when the ball hit me in the Kna*kers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Football spending is out of control throughout: It isn't just L1.

Harry Kane won't go to work cos he is worth £150m. According to Southgate Grealish isn't a regular England player but Man City will pay 100m, Ben White can't get in the side and Arsenal paid 50m.

Hollywood stars are running Wrexham in the non league and paying more than L1 clubs, Wednesday have debts up to their eyeballs but are paying Wing, Hunt, Bannon and Hutchinson a fortune and Derby are a fecking mess.

Football has eaten itself and when they ban heading I am done.
    It seems now that Colin Douglas was a trail-blazer in avoiding head/ball contact.

Well now isn't that the very definition of irony?

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    It wasn't dull when Evans was here that's a certainty .He also kept us up a feat that Mr Nice hasn't done yet. He may have pushed the boat out regarding the budget but i think that is what we need a guy to challenge TS and say i want these players lets go get them .I bet Warne folds like a red hot mars bar when hes trying to negotiate's a higher wage bill .This is why we are here now Lg 1 sat waiting for some news. And before anybody says ohhh its Covid .. It isn't most clubs in this league have there squad sorted now .
    Only Tony Stewart to blame not Paul warne

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    It wasn't dull when Evans was here that's a certainty .He also kept us up a feat that Mr Nice hasn't done yet. He may have pushed the boat out regarding the budget but i think that is what we need a guy to challenge TS and say i want these players lets go get them .I bet Warne folds like a red hot mars bar when hes trying to negotiate's a higher wage bill .This is why we are here now Lg 1 sat waiting for some news. And before anybody says ohhh its Covid .. It isn't most clubs in this league have there squad sorted now .
    Hope you're better at cards

...........the lunatics are running the Asylum........

...people calling for Government help cos drug addicts are dying.........don't take them in the 1st place then.......

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ...........the lunatics are running the Asylum........

...people calling for Government help cos drug addicts are dying.........don't take them in the 1st place then.......
    Relevance to Steve Evans getting his excuses in early for the new season?

And groundbreaking plan on the drugs front. 'Just don't do it', glad that is sorted.

Ever been in a situation where you are laughing at somebody that’s laughing, it’s not that you’ve found funny what made them laugh, it’s just that you’ve found their laughing infectious.

Same with Steve Evans, his daft enthusiasm and burning desire to win carried a lot of fans along with him

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Gillingham manager Steve Evans, has said spending in league one by some clubs,
    is out of control.
    Evans has branded the transfer situation among their rivals, as 'ridiculous'.
    He said, " There are clubs who have got huge wage roles, huge, 10 times more than us ".

He added that, the top 2 teams go up, with other teams plying for a play-off spot, so
    there is going to be some disappointed chairman, come next summer.
    So is not paying tax & national insurance to the amount of £245,000.

Plus Paul Scally the Gillingham owner / chairman kept getting a wage, called a consultation fee.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast