+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gillingham Manager Steve Evans Says, Spending Out of Control

Gillingham Manager Steve Evans Says, Spending Out of Control

Gillingham manager Steve Evans, has said spending in league one by some clubs,
    is out of control.
    Evans has branded the transfer situation among their rivals, as 'ridiculous'.
    He said, " There are clubs who have got huge wage roles, huge, 10 times more than us ".

He added that, the top 2 teams go up, with other teams plying for a play-off spot, so
    there is going to be some disappointed chairman, come next summer.

Roughly translated as “i haven”t got the big budgets and overspend here like I have had at all my previous clubs”…

I’d say 90 players in 3 years was pretty out of control.

Quite funny coming from him but he does have a point

I won’t be surprised at all if rules have/get broken

I thought but the bait out, & get the keep net ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I thought but the bait out, & get the keep net ready.
    ELK I’m tugging on your line ��

First it was 70 odd players then 88 now it’s 90 players Evo used. Can anyone make it 100?

Has anyone ever actually sat down and come up with all the players he actually loaned/signed for us? I bet it’s nowhere near 90.

As for his record with us be it 70, 88 or 90, he delivered. Let’s see how many Managers of the supposed big spenders deliver in League 1 this coming season.

Some RUFC fans loathed him but for his football achievements with us, you simply couldn’t knock him. Plus he’s spot on with the spending in any league, it’s totally out of control so, thank god we’ve got Tony Stewart, who steadfastley runs us prudently so at least we’ll have a club to support in the future.
    Last edited by Brin; 03-08-2021 at 10:24 AM.

I was rounding up. The figure I read in the Tiser was 88. Haven’t counted em myself, but whether he delivered or not (and of course he did) surely nobody thinks that’s normal.

Football spending is out of control throughout: It isn't just L1.

Harry Kane won't go to work cos he is worth £150m. According to Southgate Grealish isn't a regular England player but Man City will pay 100m, Ben White can't get in the side and Arsenal paid 50m.

Hollywood stars are running Wrexham in the non league and paying more than L1 clubs, Wednesday have debts up to their eyeballs but are paying Wing, Hunt, Bannon and Hutchinson a fortune and Derby are a fecking mess.

Football has eaten itself and when they ban heading I am done.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Football spending is out of control throughout: It isn't just L1.

Harry Kane won't go to work cos he is worth £150m. According to Southgate Grealish isn't a regular England player but Man City will pay 100m, Ben White can't get in the side and Arsenal paid 50m.

Hollywood stars are running Wrexham in the non league and paying more than L1 clubs, Wednesday have debts up to their eyeballs but are paying Wing, Hunt, Bannon and Hutchinson a fortune and Derby are a fecking mess.

Football has eaten itself and when they ban heading I am done.
    The heading ban has sort of started. Restrictions on headers in training are now in place.

It wasn't dull when Evans was here that's a certainty .He also kept us up a feat that Mr Nice hasn't done yet. He may have pushed the boat out regarding the budget but i think that is what we need a guy to challenge TS and say i want these players lets go get them .I bet Warne folds like a red hot mars bar when hes trying to negotiate's a higher wage bill .This is why we are here now Lg 1 sat waiting for some news. And before anybody says ohhh its Covid .. It isn't most clubs in this league have there squad sorted now .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast