+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitchell Signs

Mitchell Signs

We have completed the signing of Chesterfield and Grenada forward Kairo Mitchell on a two-year deal.

The 23-year-old joins us for an undisclosed fee and bolsters an attacking roster which already includes Kyle Wootton, Ruben Rodrigues, Cal Roberts, Elisha Sam and Lewis Knight.

Mitchell joined the Spireites having scored seven goals in 20 appearances during an impressive spell with King’s Lynn Town after rising to prominence with Coalville Town.

And Ian Burchnall believes he will prove to be an excellent acquisition for the club.

“Kairo is a player we have watched for quite a while now,” said the head coach. “At King’s Lynn he was prolific not only in the goals he scored but also the chances he created and he’s been our number-one target for this role throughout the summer.

“Clearly he’s not had the minutes he would have liked at Chesterfield but he’s done well in the games we’ve watched and we’re delighted we’ve had the opportunity to bring him here, where we feel the style of play will suit him and give him the platform to really demonstrate what he can do.

“A lot of the signings we’ve made this summer have similar characteristics. They’re younger, so have a big capacity to develop and slot into our system, and he’s another player who’s come through a top academy in Leicester City.

“Kairo gives us a really good additional attacking option. We’ve got Kyle, who’s very much a target man and an in-the-box striker, while Elisha and Lewis are wider forwards who run in behind. Kairo gives us a bit of both – he has the strength, size and physicality to hold the ball up but he’s also quick and dynamic enough to stretch the play.

“He can play up together with Kyle because they complement each other – but if Kyle is missing, we’d still get a lot of what he does from Kairo. His versatility helps us in a big way.

“I’m very happy with what I’ve got in the forward area now. I know people have talked about goalscorers but Kyle scored 19 last season, Ruben got 11. That’s a lot of goals from two players and, if you add in Cal Roberts and Kairo, I think we’re going to score plenty from different areas.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...-signs-030821/

Welcome to the Lane Kairo..Good Luck

Looks like another quality signing to me. Only 23 so still bags of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I agree, the general impression I get from the Chesterfield " chatter" (ignoring the more partisan stuff ) is that he never really had a chance to " shine" . I think it's an excellent acquisition

Yeah, they signed him in April and sold him less than 6 months later with most of that being post/pre season. They seem to have bought a load of players with furlough money and council loans then very quickly shipped them out

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Yeah, they signed him in April and sold him less than 6 months later with most of that being post/pre season. They seem to have bought a load of players with furlough money and council loans then very quickly shipped them out
    Furlough FC transfer policy seems like unsustainable scatter-gun cr@p that I'm glad we have moved away from. Plus the manager is a complete @rsehole.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Absolutely. There seems to have been a theme to our recruitment this season of signing players based on;

1.) A good footballing education in the childhood years at the highest level for example Man City, Newcastle, Leicester.

2.) Players in the 20-25 age category who have some experience of men’s football.

3.) Players who have been at clubs that have played at this level or are rivals at this level.

4.) Players who have potentially more years in front of them than they have currently played who can grow and progress with the club or if they become that good will attract a sell on fee.

Its refreshing and good to see that we are a young team with a young coach who can move forward and grow and develop as team. Compared this to past teams teams that have been full of has been’s and never will be’s with a squad of players signed by multiple managers which so many sides in the past have been blighted with.

From what I saw in the play offs our playing style is so far removed from Chesterfield's that we might as well be playing a different game. If Chesterfield fans don't rate him that's fine by me.

IB obviously sees something in him and the club has been working on this a long time and was prepared to pay a fee for him, so I trust they've done their homework and have no reason to doubt he'll be a good acquisition.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast