+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mitchell Signs

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I bet Mitchell will turn out to be better.

I wonder if Delroy would give me any odds?
    That's one thing you could always trust from DF. In modern footie parlance he was 'always prepared to back himself'.

Delroy's name was ultimately tarnished by the match-fixing conviction, but even before that, the frustrating thing for me was the impression of the player he could have been. With his powerful physical attributes, no little skill, and much greater mobility than someone like Adebayo Akinfenwa, Delroy could have been unplayable for all the right reasons rather than the wrong ones, but he never seemed to have enough desire to impose himself on games and score the number of goals he should. Many times you would see the ball go into the box begging for a centre-forward to get on the end, but Delroy wouldn't even attack the penalty area let alone the six yard box.

The one time I recall him 'playing angry' was away at Gillingham against a former manager he reportedly didn't like, Mark Stimson. That night, Delroy scored a goal which revealed a glimpse of his true potential, but he never fulfilled it. Very sad really, but here was the moment I remember, still available on Youtube:

Let's hope our new Grenada international striker Kairo is more successful at fulfilling the potential IB obviously sees in him.
    Last edited by jackal2; 03-08-2021 at 11:04 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234