+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Willock

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    This, basically.

Hughie's right, man-so It's a bit rich having a go at folk for complaining that we've only made one signing.

Signing Willock is great news-nobody's disputing that. But, for us to have made one signing all Summer-and one that doesn't add to the team, given that he was here last season-is hardly a cause for gratitude.

Charnley and Bruce have a loooong way to go before they're even approaching getting credit from us. Why on earth should one signing wipe away the mountain of sh!te that they come with?

One good thing in the entire Summer and you're using it to have a go?

Howay, man-it doesn't even come close to balancing out the negatives.
    Agreed. One bloody signing all summer!

And how many players have we released/sold/ moved on now?

Our first 11 is ok i'd say but if we pick up injuries to key players we're screwed. Fcuk Ashley, Charnley and Bruce!!

Just to add to the negativity on this (sorry)...

I wonder why the negotiation over personal terms took so long. Arteta made a comment about Willock basically being in a position of strength going into the negotiations, so I'm curious as to what he's used that for. Fair enough if it's higher wages, since he'll be a key player. But I'm a little worried it might be a release clause of some sort (relegation, big club, minimum fee). If so, getting him in is not going to be as big an achievement as hanging onto him if things don't work out on the pitch for us this season.

OR, more positively, IF there is a relegation or big club release clause in his contract, maybe that'll spur the club on to invest further in the squad to protect their investment in Willock, and we'll sign some other great players and kick on up the league! Right, now I've realised that I won't accept anything less than a top 4 finish this season! Europe here we come! I'd better go and give an interview to Sky Sports to let them know what all of our realistic expectations are as fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Agreed. One bloody signing all summer!

And how many players have we released/sold/ moved on now?

Our first 11 is ok i'd say but if we pick up injuries to key players we're screwed. Fcuk Ashley, Charnley and Bruce!!

The injuries are a major worry. We need depth in those key positions, as the stats last season showed when you take Wilson/St. Max out of the side.

There are deals out there that can still be done, of course. And Lukaku going to Chelsea might just trigger a few moves out of there. Batshuayi on loan could be an option? He's never going to play for Chelsea, and he'd definitely add something to our side.

Just read Arsenal have been looking at Woodman too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Just read Arsenal have been looking at Woodman too.
    They've been looking at him for a few years I recall.

RTG have a 'Willock' thread with 15 pages.

SMB !
    Last edited by Kal; 14-08-2021 at 08:36 AM.

I'm not going to bother...but I'm guessing he'll either be overrated and will never repeat last season's efforts or he's too good for us and will be off to a bigger club in January.

Yep, they said that. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    RTG have a 'Willock' thread with 15 pages.

SMB !
    Amazing isn't it. And it never fails, they are always more obsessed with our club and players than they are with their own club and their own players.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)