+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: End Of Social Distancing

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I bet you're as surprised as I am
    They will keep some form of difference from England, just ones that don't cost any money.

People are being conned all over the globe....really not just here in the UK.

Some places far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    It’s still a 5k limit you have to apply for larger capacity, can see our mob get that all wrong, no Derry for the foreseeable
    Suits them j.

3 sided dens now I think, very very sad.

Or ever again?
    If it dosent open next game it may not open again is the way I see it.

Not sure - pointless if it is but then pointless anyway.
    And yet people go along with it.

Why shouldn’t it open?
    The reason given was the single access toilet but with distancing gone that can no longer apply.
    Was ridiculous anyway and no different from most pub toilets in the land. Open Cox, Derry and Main and all our season ticket holders are in (guess 2,800) that means they can let in 2,200 pay at the gate between the 3 areas and apply for every game to open Shankly for away fans and extra pay at the gate fans for ourselves.

This having to apply for over 5000 is an utter piece of nonsense as expected from the useless assembly. Both Dundee and United should just bombard them with 18 applications dated for every home game immediately, they’ll no be long getting that scrapped

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Will be interesting to see how other clubs deal with it. No doubt bigot brothers will just fill their ground.
    I think that it is crazy to have a 5,000 capacity across the board from 9th August when some football grounds have a capacity of less than 5,000.
    Hopefully John Nelms will contact Dundee City Council to have the capacity at Dens Park increased to at least 8,000 to cover a surge in PATG Dundee supporters who have not been able to attend a home game at Dens since 10th March 2020 plus away supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I was in shanklys, only 2 or 3% of folk were maskless, pretty disheartening if I'm honest.
    I was also in shankly, looked more 50\50 to me , I never had mines on while sitting down and was never asked to put it on , if you go through the photos put up on Facebook by Sean and Dave young , looks like more people maskless than with masks ,

'Outdoors gatherings one place' surely means in one stand? It's not like you can walk freely from one stand to another is it? So 3,100 in each end, 1,800 or whatever in The Derry and whatever the Main Stand holds as long as it isn't over 5,000.

Or is that too sensible?

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    I was also in shankly, looked more 50\50 to me , I never had mines on while sitting down and was never asked to put it on , if you go through the photos put up on Facebook by Sean and Dave young , looks like more people maskless than with masks ,
    I'll have a look but was more looking at folk coming up the stair......that's actually cheered me up a bit.

Watched this guy obviously struggling with breathing come up wrong aisle.....I was sitting on the end.....I said to him to sit Doon and get a breath but he was hesitant.....I gave him my seat for a Cple of mins.....loads of spare but was wary of sitting on them.

He then struggled Doon and up the other aisle.....all the time masked up......really felt for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    Why shouldn’t it open?
    The reason given was the single access toilet but with distancing gone that can no longer apply.
    Was ridiculous anyway and no different from most pub toilets in the land. Open Cox, Derry and Main and all our season ticket holders are in (guess 2,800) that means they can let in 2,200 pay at the gate between the 3 areas and apply for every game to open Shankly for away fans and extra pay at the gate fans for ourselves.

This having to apply for over 5000 is an utter piece of nonsense as expected from the useless assembly. Both Dundee and United should just bombard them with 18 applications dated for every home game immediately, they’ll no be long getting that scrapped
    They can get 6000 behind both goals, 10000 without Derry.

I honestly expect them to ask for 6000 no away fans.....or 10000 with away fans.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)