+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T The Olympic games

O/T The Olympic games

Has anyone been watching ,
    It's the first time ever that I haven't watched any of it, always enjoyed both Summer and Winter game's , a true spectacle , the best in the world competing ? ! Are such event's becoming a thing of the past ? Cheating, doping etc ? Great to see team GB doing well , many of these Athlete's put the hard miles in without the aid of drug's etc, that's great and hopefully their rewards will soon follow , Covid hasn't helped either of these various Top sporting events in all honesty ,

Never normally miss it myself Roma and absolutely love the event .

Hardly watched it either , no spectators doesn't help and it's on at daft o' clock .

Feel sorry for the Japanese , they would have looked forward to this for years and covid's destroyed it as a spectacle .

Av bin watching odd bits on it, mostly on a morning. A caught latter end ot sailing this morning which wo an exciting finish where GB took gold. As Animal sez though, the time zone difference is a problem cos am at work then thy hears who's won medals on news/radio etc which kind of spoils the fun of watching it. I suppose its a bit like watching a footy match when thy already knows result.

BMX was brilliant. Both free style and racing... im watching the athletics as i did with my old man when i was a kid. Its not the same your correct. But i am still enjoying it.. 8 out of 10 ill give it

I used to love it Roma, the Olympics was always summat I could look forward to and enjoy when it came to supporting our British athletes.
    And I must admit that nothing will ever beat that enjoyment I felt at the time, when it was in our own back gardens, in London 2012.

This however in the present day just doesn't feel right, when all I and I think the rest of us can see is highlights, and very little live coverage. And thats most of the enjoyment gone straight away, if you can't see it live as it happens!.

It takes me back to the Seoul (South Korea) games in 1988, when I used to try and stay awake in bed throughout the night, and watch it on my little portable telly lol. Aww how times have changed ehh.
    Last edited by Acido; 03-08-2021 at 11:05 PM.

Wat event wud suit thi best (open question)
    Mine would bi Winter games , Sledging , dint hafe tatey darn wood st onta new st , finish line wa behind towd Corp /hedonism on Pall Mall,
    Summa game's , adda bin a pole volta ! Went to scooal Wi loads of pole's , thad tavolt orrum at dinna time to get sum snap !! Thuccan eyt them pole's !

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I used to love it Roma, the Olympics was always summat I could look forward to and enjoy when it came to supporting our British athletes.
    And I must admit that nothing will ever beat that enjoyment I felt at the time, when it was in our own back gardens, in London 2012.

This however in the present day just doesn't feel right, when all I and I think the rest of us can see is highlights, and very little live coverage. And thats most of the enjoyment gone straight away, if you can't see it live as it happens!.

It takes me back to the Seoul (South Korea) games in 1988, when I used to try and stay awake in bed throughout the night, and watch it on my little portable telly lol. Aww how times have changed ehh.
    What event were you staying up to see. Women's beach volleyball?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    What event were you staying up to see. Women's beach volleyball?
    like. Thuz some cracking lasses laik that int the. Ar lass sez "a dint know tha liked volleyball"
    A sed "neither did ar!"

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Wat event wud suit thi best (open question)
    Mine would bi Winter games , Sledging , dint hafe tatey darn wood st onta new st , finish line wa behind towd Corp /hedonism on Pall Mall,
    Summa game's , adda bin a pole volta ! Went to scooal Wi loads of pole's , thad tavolt orrum at dinna time to get sum snap !! Thuccan eyt them pole's !
    A bet Woodrows ud be diving

Tom Daley's been teaching Conor Hourihane some diving tricks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast