+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Sid's new football fiction

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Excellent stuff Sid. We may not always meet eye to eye on certain topics but I always remember some years ago you recommended a book which after reading still consider to be one of the best books I have ever read. Good luck with this one, I notice you have a few titles out there so I’ll have a closer look.

Oh and the book by the way was Shantaram.
    Shantaram is a fantastic book, totally agree. I would also recommend to anyone to read it.

Think I’ll also get a copy of your book Sid and take a look at your others, never knew you were an author.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Quite a few places, click on ''online stores''.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-the-only-game
    Cheers gump

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Cheers gump
    Congrats Sid hope it goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Shantaram is a fantastic book, totally agree. I would also recommend to anyone to read it.

Think I’ll also get a copy of your book Sid and take a look at your others, never knew you were an author.
    Great book... I got the audio book, which is fantastic.

Good luck Sid and hope it sells well.

Talking about Shantaram, has anyone else read the sequel? I didn't hate it but it did feel like it lacked something that made Shantaram a compelling read.

Thanks, chaps, for such an encouraging response. My publishers are 'Fantastic Books Publishing' - a small Yorkshire-based concern. I am having to use social media to promote as FB have only a small publicity budget. I did try to get Cal Roberts to review but no lock there. However, my reviewers include a politics professor and even an ex-director of them across the river.
    It's not a great classic but all of my reviewers came back with the classic 'couldn't put it down' - and, no, the covers don't contain glue.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I did try to get Cal Roberts to review but no lock there.
    Ooer, I hope your proof readers did a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by ulaggypie View Post
    Talking about Shantaram, has anyone else read the sequel? I didn't hate it but it did feel like it lacked something that made Shantaram a compelling read.
    I did buy the sequel, but haven’t worked up the courage to read it yet as I doubt it could ever come close to matching the majesty of the original. In fact, I’m more likely to re-read Shantaram first.

The TV version of Shantaram is indeed going to be on Apple TV+, but they’re still shooting it (in Thailand) and it’s been heavily hampered by COVID. Charlie Hunnam is playing the lead, after Johnny Depp finally gave up on the chance to play the role on the big screen. While I have my doubts that it will ever work on screen, it’s definitely got more of a chance as a 10-part series than a three-hour movie.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Apple TV by the looks. Says it was ''delayed'' in 2020.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/02/sh...us-1202212380/
    Cheers Gumpy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast