+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T:- Sid's new football fiction

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I did buy the sequel, but haven’t worked up the courage to read it yet as I doubt it could ever come close to matching the majesty of the original. In fact, I’m more likely to re-read Shantaram first.

The TV version of Shantaram is indeed going to be on Apple TV+, but they’re still shooting it (in Thailand) and it’s been heavily hampered by COVID. Charlie Hunnam is playing the lead, after Johnny Depp finally gave up on the chance to play the role on the big screen. While I have my doubts that it will ever work on screen, it’s definitely got more of a chance as a 10-part series than a three-hour movie.
    I reckon Charlie Hunnam will do it better justice than Dep. I really enjoyed Sons of Anarchy so will keep an eye out for this.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I did buy the sequel, but haven’t worked up the courage to read it yet as I doubt it could ever come close to matching the majesty of the original. In fact, I’m more likely to re-read Shantaram first.

The TV version of Shantaram is indeed going to be on Apple TV+, but they’re still shooting it (in Thailand) and it’s been heavily hampered by COVID. Charlie Hunnam is playing the lead, after Johnny Depp finally gave up on the chance to play the role on the big screen. While I have my doubts that it will ever work on screen, it’s definitely got more of a chance as a 10-part series than a three-hour movie.
    I agree. I don't have this apple thing so I will have to see if there is a free trial and do a binge watch. I am mentally prepared to be underwhelmed though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123