+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Sid's new football fiction

O/T:- Sid's new football fiction

'The first time I saw Jaffa was in August. I guessed he was in his late forties. He looked frog-like, riding his bike, and I nearly choked when Willy told me he was a football manager.'
    So starts my 350 page football novel, telling the story of Aaron Chapple, who is convinced he has a future as a professional footballer and when he gets offered a trial at Man Utd there's no stopping him. Until he meets Isobel, that is.
    The book is now available on Amazon as a paperback and kindle edition from August 2nd
    I've had some good reviews and, as you might guess, the novel is set in Notts. Name:  Footballs not the only game small.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  61.6 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-08-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Ian McParland's Notts county played an attractive passing game.

My 9-word novel also belongs in the football fiction section.

Good luck with the book sid, I'll have to look out for it.

Would like to buy it Sid. However is it available anywhere other than Amazon? I don't buy off Amazon as a matter of principle (they are thieving bar stewards who ruin small business).

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    'The first time I saw Jaffa was in August. I guessed he was in his late forties. He looked frog-like, riding his bike, and I nearly choked when Willy told me he was a football manager.'
    So starts my 350 page football novel, telling the story of Aaron Chapple, who is convinced he has a future as a professional footballer and when he gets offered a trial at Man Utd there's no stopping him. Until he meets Isobel, that is.
    The book is now available on Amazon as a paperback and kindle edition from August 2nd
    I've had some good reviews and, as you might guess, the novel is set in Notts. Name:  Footballs not the only game small.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  61.6 KB
    Excellent stuff Sid. We may not always meet eye to eye on certain topics but I always remember some years ago you recommended a book which after reading still consider to be one of the best books I have ever read. Good luck with this one, I notice you have a few titles out there so I’ll have a closer look.

Oh and the book by the way was Shantaram.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Excellent stuff Sid. We may not always meet eye to eye on certain topics but I always remember some years ago you recommended a book which after reading still consider to be one of the best books I have ever read. Good luck with this one, I notice you have a few titles out there so I’ll have a closer look.

Oh and the book by the way was Shantaram.
    My favourite ever book that. TV series is out soon. Only 9 years late!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Would like to buy it Sid. However is it available anywhere other than Amazon? I don't buy off Amazon as a matter of principle (they are thieving bar stewards who ruin small business).
    Quite a few places, click on ''online stores''.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-the-only-game

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    My favourite ever book that. TV series is out soon. Only 9 years late!
    Didn’t know that, do you know what channel/platform?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Didn’t know that, do you know what channel/platform?
    Apple TV by the looks. Says it was ''delayed'' in 2020.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/02/sh...us-1202212380/

Ordered book for my Kindle, look forward to reading it... Also read Shantaram on Sidn recommendation very good read...

Good luck with the new book Sidders!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast