+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Europe?

Europe?

Are we missing it?

Not in the slightest, no games Thursday/ Sunday this season can only be of benefit to the fitness of our squad and reduction of possible injuries also a positive. Means we have first team pool in a close knit group without also running risk of COVID outbreak having not needing to travel to various other countries

Nope - not in a footballing sense.

In a 'sitting in the shade' with a cold beer, tapas and a good autobiography ... must admit, I do miss that now.

Playing in Europe occasionally is a good laugh and change from the usual routine. And with the new Conference League, there's no doubt Scottish clubs outside the OF now have a real chance of making a group phase.

But there's no doubt it's heavy burden on squads like ours and in seasons like this it's not a bad thing to be without.

Always thought our involvement Europe pointless as our early exit guaranteed.
    The teams drawn against were unknown and required Google to identify.
    Best save your money and visit Aldi/Lidl for your foreign beer and tapas.
    A costly venture where the money and effort best utilised our SPL survival.

In fairness unless you get a really, really sucky draw you're highly unlikely to lose money on it.

I can count on one hand the number of European matches at Fir Park that I have actually enjoyed, so that’s a “No” for me. ‘European football’ for clubs like us is nothing more than two, perhaps four glorified friendly matches at the beginning of the season which always end in a predictable defeat and in our case quite frequently end in embarrassment and disappointment. To enjoy European football from the perspective of a Motherwell fan I think you need to be able to travel abroad and be more interested in the Tartan Army-esq jolly and a few days on the drink than the actual football itself.

Personally I prefer to see Motherwell winning and occasionally toast that with a few jars in the Electric Bar after the match.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    I can count on one hand the number of European matches at Fir Park that I have actually enjoyed, so that’s a “No” for me. ‘European football’ for clubs like us is nothing more than two, perhaps four glorified friendly matches at the beginning of the season which always end in a predictable defeat and in our case quite frequently end in embarrassment and disappointment. To enjoy European football from the perspective of a Motherwell fan I think you need to be able to travel abroad and be more interested in the Tartan Army-esq jolly and a few days on the drink than the actual football itself.

Personally I prefer to see Motherwell winning and occasionally toast that with a few jars in the Electric Bar after the match.
    How's the Tapas in EB these days ?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)