+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the Knee

Taking the Knee

I see the 20 Premier League teams are all going to take the knee again this season. I wonder what peoples' opinions are should Notts continue with this gesture in league games. Personally, I was pleased neither side took this action on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I see the 20 Premier League teams are all going to take the knee again this season. I wonder what peoples' opinions are should Notts continue with this gesture in league games. Personally, I was pleased neither side took this action on Sunday.
    I think they should continue for as long as people keep highlighting their insecurities and opposition to racial justice in never ending message board threads.

Quote Originally Posted by mattpie View Post
    I think they should continue for as long as people keep highlighting their insecurities and opposition to racial justice in never ending message board threads.

1959 if you look back through the message board using the search function thingy you will see that this subject has been well covered in multiple football / politics threads. You may want to start with the following thread:

O/T:- Taking the knee - a double standard

I'll leave this thread to others, not my bag.

The fact this thread has been made highlights the need for people to keep taking the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Taking the knee is divisive because of the links to BLM. If a gesture is required I would suggest linking arms.

Personally I don't think yet another thread on this subject ins necessary at all. Simply its a contentious subject some people do not mind it some people do mind it. And that is exactly what you will get on this thread.

I will take the knee to the father son and holy ghost, im not kidding. Taking the knee is politics, this is football. One of the founders of BLM calls herself a trained Marxist, and has bought houses to the tune of 3.2 million, so predictable. Bought from donations. People are so gullible.

Not taking the knee does not mean im racist. Causing division and strife is what anarchists want.

You cant repay racism with racism. Black racism runs rampant.

I apologise for starting a new thread, when there is already one covering this topic.
    In reply to mattpie and his patronising dig at me, I have no insecurities or opposition to racial justice, but just feel 'Taking the Knee', is not the way to eradicate racism. Any gesture linked to the BLM organisation is diversive in my opinion, and is the reason for the booing at football matches.
    I like LaughingMagpies idea of linking arms, which is a better way of uniting people of all colours and creeds. Even spectators could take part in this.

I don’t mind if they do, or don’t. The only problem is that if some people don’t want to take the knee then are they against racial equality? There’s a risk it could ironically become more divisive than uniting.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I don’t mind if they do, or don’t. The only problem is that if some people don’t want to take the knee then are they against racial equality? There’s a risk it could ironically become more divisive than uniting.
    It's not a risk, it's a fact! You only have to look at threads like this to see it in action.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast