+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the Knee

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Blimey Driller, if marks were handed out for mental gymnastics, I award that post 9.0, 9.0, 9.0 etc.

Let’s cut to the chase. People can have their own objections but the England squad have repeatedly explained why they take the knee. Premier league players have explained why they’re going to take the knee this season, as have EFL players. If Notts players tell us they’re taking the knee and why and our own fans still boo them, then I think those fans are racist arseholes who aren’t worthy of the club they pretend to support.

There’s no other conclusion to come to.
    I don't think it was mental gymnastics. It was being asserted that the only true meaning of a gesture or symbol is the original one, not the one which made it famous in most people's consciousness, so mine was a concrete example of how this is demonstrably untrue.

Anyway this is all a moot point as a quick Google search reveals that Kaepernick is a fervent BLM supporter, who has written essays calling the police and prisons tools of white supremacy and anti blackness, and calling for their abolition, along with lots of the other all the other pie in the sky political lunacy associated with BLM that most people tend to object to.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I doubt anyone on NCM is racist, and all would prefer it not to exist.
    You must be new here. There has been racism on here the entire time I've been registered. Some of it quite overt, other times, far more insidious. If there's no-one racist on NCM now, that would hopefully be because they've been banned.

I'm assuming by your username, you are older than I am. That means you're either incredibly naïve to the way the world is, the way England is, and the way certain Notts fans are, or you are in denial. There are plenty of people who are more than happy to be racist and proud of it. They might dress it up under the guise of patriotism or other nonsense, but it's not exactly hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by ulaggypie View Post
    You must be new here. There has been racism on here the entire time I've been registered. Some of it quite overt, other times, far more insidious. If there's no-one racist on NCM now, that would hopefully be because they've been banned.

I'm assuming by your username, you are older than I am. That means you're either incredibly naïve to the way the world is, the way England is, and the way certain Notts fans are, or you are in denial. There are plenty of people who are more than happy to be racist and proud of it. They might dress it up under the guise of patriotism or other nonsense, but it's not exactly hidden.
    This ^^^^^^^^^ 100%

To suggest nobody on NCM is racist (or prejudice) in any way is beyond naive. It's a frankly absurd statement.

But in 59s defence he is very new to NCM according to his profile, having signed up only a few months ago so won't know the history of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    This ^^^^^^^^^ 100%

To suggest nobody on NCM is racist (or prejudice) in any way is beyond naive. It's a frankly absurd statement.

But in 59s defence he is very new to NCM according to his profile, having signed up only a few months ago so won't know the history of the board.
    That would make sense. There were some extremely prominent posters on here who were quite clearly racist, but got away with it for years. We are Notts County, we move on...

I am very sorry to hear about the previous posters on here, thankfully they are no longer on here.
    I am looking forward to joining in with the football related posts, as I can see a bright future for Notts, under the Reedtz brothers.

I wonder if we should start a thread about whether or not Brexit is a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I wonder if we should start a thread about whether or not Brexit is a good idea?
    Like button.

I am very sorry to hear about the previous posters on here, thankfully they are no longer on here.
    I am looking forward to joining in with the football related posts, as I can see a bright future for Notts, under the Reedtz brothers.
    Good to hear your positivity 59. Both Notts and NCM have been noticeably improving over the past months.

I too share you optimism in regards to the owners, and I'm also a big fan of IB. I've been impressed since he arrived.

If I was sitting next to BFP or Mapperleypie, I would know not to have a convertsation with them as it would be a pointless exercise, i.e. their way or no way. Laughingly they would say they were not fascists.
    I doubt anyone on NCM is racist, and all would prefer it not to exist..
    I’m a facist? For THINKING that those who boo taking the knee are racist? Who talked about ‘thought control’ in this thread? Oh yeah, you did. Time to get your definitions in order I think.

Notts do have far right fans, and they’ll definitely be booing. You wouldn’t want to be associated with them would you?

I haven't commented on this at all.

Part of the problem imo is that it is difficult to ascertain exactly what BLM stands for beyond being an anti-racist movement. There are different 'BLM' websites, often saying they are not connected with other BLM organisations.

I don't agree with booing those who choose to take the knee but maybe a different gesture would be helpful.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast