+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the Knee

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    So we are not allowed to boo something we disagree with. I prefer racism to thought control.
    I don’t tend to boo a team I’m supposed to be supporting, but maybe your definition of support is different to mine.

Ok, here is an idea, choose A or B.
    A - Carry on taking the knee this season
    B - Teams link arms this season
    It would be B for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I don’t tend to boo a team I’m supposed to be supporting, but maybe your definition of support is different to mine.
    You are obviously being deliberately thick. I would not be booing Notts or the opposition just the gesture, because of it's roots.

Ok, here is an idea, choose A or B.
    A - Carry on taking the knee this season
    B - Teams link arms this season
    It would be B for me.
    How about emailing the players to tell them about an anti racism gesture you approve of? I’m sure they’d appreciate it.

So we are not allowed to boo something we disagree with. I prefer racism to thought control.
    I haven't seen anyone saying that you are not allowed to boo. It is just frowned on by many. It does say something about your mindset though that you would take the proactive step of booing, which in itself is probably pointless, against something you think is a pointless waste of time.
    I think taking the knee is a harmeless gesture that is a very small step in trying to right what is wrong. It will eventually be replaced or dropped. The links to BLM are just a smoke-screen though for racists not wanting to admit they are racists. It's just a gesture taken up by normal people trying to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    I haven't seen anyone saying that you are not allowed to boo. It is just frowned on by many. It does say something about your mindset though that you would take the proactive step of booing, which in itself is probably pointless, against something you think is a pointless waste of time.
    I think taking the knee is a harmeless gesture that is a very small step in trying to right what is wrong. It will eventually be replaced or dropped. The links to BLM are just a smoke-screen though for racists not wanting to admit they are racists. It's just a gesture taken up by normal people trying to do something.
    Yes. Booing taking the knee because some Marxists apparently support it is as ridiculous as me booing remembrance gestures because racists certainly support those.

... this is yet another run at an oft repeated topic ... however sincere, it's become boring.
    How about facing the real problem which is the failed policy of multiculturalism. All it has produced is envy - you've got more than me so I want the same as you; never mind that you may have worked for your status/trappings.
    The multicultural policy, introduced by Bliar and Co, was simply a means of gaining electoral votes; never mind the consequences.
    So we live in a country where the 10-15% tail is wagging the 80-85% dog. It's not right and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Personally I don't think yet another thread on this subject ins necessary at all. Simply its a contentious subject some people do not mind it some people do mind it. And that is exactly what you will get on this thread.
    And probably what you'll get in the stadium.

It's fair to assume people go to football matches to watch football but I don't think you can really make assumptions about their views for or against anything else. As others have said in the past, there are differing views about the merits/motives of taking the knee, participating in Remembrance/Poppy Day commemorations or any other 'gesture' you may care to mention.

The best course of action would probably be to put the ball on the centre spot and kick it and leave everything else at the stadium gates, but if the football authorities choose to accommodate pre-match gestures, rituals and events, then in a free country you've got to expect and accept the right of people to express an opinion, be that positive, negative or neutral.

Come to think of it, there have been times watching Notts in the past where it might not even have been a safe assumption that people wanted to see the football match! Some of them might have bought a season ticket and felt obliged to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... this is yet another run at an oft repeated topic ... however sincere, it's become boring.
    How about facing the real problem which is the failed policy of multiculturalism.
    I've read some breathtakingly stupid theories on here over the years, but do you honestly see multiculturalism as a "Blair policy"??? Multiculturalism was something that was bound to happen worldwide as soon as foreign travel became easily accessible around 50 or so years ago. People from different countries, different religions, and different skin colours met each other and decided that nationality, religion and skin colour didn't have to be a barrier to actually liking each other. Some still think it's wrong, and that England should be a white and Christian country. It will probably take a century or more for bigotry to become a real minority view, but the changes I have seen in my lifetime leads me to believe that it will happen one day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    How about facing the real problem which is the failed policy of multiculturalism. All it has produced is envy - you've got more than me so I want the same as you; never mind that you may have worked for your status/trappings.
    The multicultural policy, introduced by Bliar and Co, was simply a means of gaining electoral votes; never mind the consequences.
    So we live in a country where the 10-15% tail is wagging the 80-85% dog. It's not right and you know it.
    It's strange how 'Blair's policy' resulted in lots of sub-continent Asians and Jamaicans in UK but here, where Blair is barely known, they complain about the Algerians and Senegalese. Spot the link ? I'll help you out, it was empire/exploitation.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast