+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the Knee

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... this is yet another run at an oft repeated topic ... however sincere, it's become boring.
    How about facing the real problem which is the failed policy of multiculturalism. All it has produced is envy - you've got more than me so I want the same as you; never mind that you may have worked for your status/trappings.
    The multicultural policy, introduced by Bliar and Co, was simply a means of gaining electoral votes; never mind the consequences.
    So we live in a country where the 10-15% tail is wagging the 80-85% dog. It's not right and you know it.
    I think you’ve got the blinkers on again Blackhorse and have missed the problem completely.

A quick clue - it’s got nothing to do with Blair but probably more to do with peoples outdated prejudices towards Brown.

As an aside 10-15% of the population have not attended Eton.
    Last edited by Mapperleypie; 04-08-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've read some breathtakingly stupid theories on here over the years, but do you honestly see multiculturalism as a "Blair policy"??? Multiculturalism was something that was bound to happen worldwide as soon as foreign travel became easily accessible around 50 or so years ago. People from different countries, different religions, and different skin colours met each other and decided that nationality, religion and skin colour didn't have to be a barrier to actually liking each other. Some still think it's wrong, and that England should be a white and Christian country. It will probably take a century or more for bigotry to become a real minority view, but the changes I have seen in my lifetime leads me to believe that it will happen one day.
    ^^^ This.

... so Snobhead, are you denying that Bliar had no motive for encouraging immigration into GB?
    ...and Frogpie, yes we both had empires. But who said that immigrants didn't need to adopt the 'when in Rome' principle?
    You can carry on denying the mood of envy, but you upset the core population at your peril ...

I really didn't expect this thread to get any traction as it's been so well covered many many times before on here and nothing of note has changed since then but I have clearly misjudged the situation.

This appears to be a very emotive and passionate (O/T) subject. If the past threads are anything to go by the next stage is name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... so Snobhead, are you denying that Bliar had no motive for encouraging immigration into GB?
    Maybe he did, because despite 'Wot The Sun Sez', all statistics suggest that immigrant workers are beneficial to the economy. So what have your Tory boys done to discourage it? Maybe the odd soundbite, but nothing in the way of actions. They realise that cheap labour that is prepared to work hard will feather their own personal nests, so they won't be in a rush to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    This appears to be a very emotive and passionate (O/T) subject. If the past threads are anything to go by the next stage is name calling.
    Possibly. We might even get someone who refers to posters who disagree with their personal viewpoint as "cave dwellers".

Oops, I forgot that we had moved on from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Possibly. We might even get someone who refers to posters who disagree with their personal viewpoint as "cave dwellers".

Oops, I forgot that we had moved on from that.
    The rather clever cave dwellers comment had nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with a viewpoint, but why let the truth get in the way.

I think it's safe to say not only have you not moved on, I doubt you are capable. Another prime example just up here ^^^^^^^^^^ lol

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    The rather clever cave dwellers comment had nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with a viewpoint, but why let the truth get in the way.
    Intriguing. I must admit that I didn't see calling other posters 'cave dwellers' as a "rather clever" comment.

I'm sure you'll soon put me right.

Elite and Laddo pretend to be enemies but their avatars reveal they are at least two of the Four Horsemen.

Stylin' and profilin' all the way. Wooooh!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Elite and Laddo pretend to be enemies but their avatars reveal they are at least two of the Four Horsemen.

Stylin' and profilin' all the way. Wooooh!
    I have to admit that it isn't me on the horse in my avatar.

My best guess is that laddo has gone for a 17 year old Boris Johnson as his.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast