+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Var

Var

Some new changes apparently for this season,anybody seen what they are ?

Not really taken any notice Alf as nomatter what they do they will Phuck it up just the same

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Some new changes apparently for this season, anybody seen what they are ?
    Toe-nail decisions and showing your nostrils on the TV line will no longer constitute being offside Alf, other than that it remains pretty much the same...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...MP=fiver_email

I think I read they were trying to cut out the ludicrous penalty decisions as well, although to be fair they were getting on top of that towards the back end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Not really taken any notice Alf as nomatter what they do they will Phuck it up just the same
    More f*cking nonsense Alto...
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...?ocid=msedgntp

I like VAR - we were relegated once instead of Everton on GD (1 goal) because of a ridiculous decision that VAR would have undoubtedly overturned. VAR is no nonsense, clean and accurate.
    The real problem is the law and how it's applied and interpreted i.e. human error.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    I like VAR - we were relegated once instead of Everton on GD (1 goal) because of a ridiculous decision that VAR would have undoubtedly overturned. VAR is no nonsense, clean and accurate.
    The real problem is the law and how it's applied and interpreted i.e. human error.
    My father-in-law is a true Notlob, and he is still livid about the Everton game and your consequent relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    My father-in-law is a true Notlob, and he is still livid about the Everton game and your consequent relegation.
    History might have been different but it's all water under the bridge now. We're a third tier side and grateful to still exist. Unlike Bury the poor buggers.

I've no problem with goal line technology that can tell you whether the ball has crossed the line or not, but VAR causes more problems than it solves, so they can bin it for me. I did think RU had it worked out but that's descended into farce now, the first half of the Lions game lasted, I think, 64 minutes last Saturday instead of the regulation 40. Most of that time seemed to be spent with three muppets stood together on the pitch, stroking their chins and looking up at a big screen. Fortunately for them there were no spectators, or they might have been advised to get their arses in gear and get on with the game.

I agree sinkov. The system worked well at the Euros. It is down to how it is being used in England. The remit was to use it for “clear and obvious errors”. How can it be either if it takes 5 minutes to reach a decision? That can be neither “clear” nor “obvious”. As well, matters were being referred for review where there was neither a clear nor obvious error. Borderline calls are not clear and obvious errors.

I would rather they focused on cheating, handing out yellow cards for simulation. Players gone down under a breath of wind, no penalty is given, therefore the player dived or fell over his own feet. The referee waves play on. That is more a clear and obvious error (not booking the cheat) than being a toenail offside.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)