+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dishwashers

Dishwashers

I'll never buy KitchenAid again, in fact it wasn't my choice but c'est la vie.

Do the learned sorts on this forum have any recommendations, warnings or advice on preferred brands?

I'm thinking possibly a monogram or perhaps a Miele.

A brush and some Fairy liquid does it for me,the joys of being single is that there's nobody to moan at you

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/dish...rtby=price_asc

You may need a Which? membership to access this report but it is well worth while. In their monthly magazine they feature reports on various useful items. The membership gets you the magazine and online access to its most recent report on each of numerous items. You can get a subscription which is just for this online access to its most recent reports on all items including those in the current month's magazine. Nearly all that it recommends is available worldwide.

Personal experience or consumer data?

Who funds Which?

I'm always suspicious of this kind of data and statistics. Look at the most popular TV shows, pop music, food, alcohol, even football clubs. I wouldn't touch any of them with a liquorice stick.

Which? is funded by its subscribers and it carries no adverts. It also does its best to discourage companies from using "recommended by Which?" in marketing. Which? has experts who test the products and it also gets opinions from members who have bought them.
    I have been a subscriber since Hughie was a lad and I have no doubt whatsoever about its total independence from malign influence.

In your experience, Stefan. Do you have real world examples (yourself) of where the advice has held true?

Piglet, I gave you the example of Which? in a wholeheartedly genial manner as the place to get the results of independant and meticulous testing on consumer goods. You are turning this genial advice into a debate which I am not the slightest bit interested in. I am not interested in being subjected to cross-examination and further detailed cross-examination to the nth degree. It is up to you to test how good any consumer service is by any of numerous other methods.

Clearly you can ask about consumer goods on a football forum and indeed I could be a villain with the intent of trapping you into a poor purchase.

Several years ago I bought a vacuum cleaner (Miele) which was top rated by Which.

It was/is the best vacuum cleaner we have ever had.

On that basis I would support Stefan's recommendation.

Our present dishwasher is a Neff (another German manufacturer) which has been used at least once a day for 8 years without a problem.

Hope this helps.

Chill Stefan, man.

Howoldboy has it correct (thanks Howoldboy)

It's not "cross examination", it's called conversation. It's perfectly fine and civilised to ask for an example or two of where Which? (which you say you've subscribed to since forever) has provided you with advice you've successfully acted upon. I don't see a problem.

I fully accept responsibility for my own decisions and purchases. You could advise me up the Ying-Yang, but at the end of the day the decision and responsibility is my own.

Piglet, OK, you had not turned it into a debate.

What I would do about discerning comparisons of price / quality / value of consumer goods would be to discover what consumer services organisations there are. How many of them have a regular magazine? What testing do they do? Do they have some method of simulating a year's usage, wear etc? How independant are these organisations? Do they lobby the government on behalf of the consumer? Are their reports available on their web sites until the next time that they report on similar products? I.e. some reports are done at least twice a year, such as on televisions, internet service providers, computers etc because comparative value for money can change quickly in terms of these items.

I do not wish to specifically mention my purchases because it may well be that the one person among many who has been let down by any individual purchase will probably write a condemnation, thus resulting in the score being 1 for and 1 against, misrepresenting the situation. People complain more than they praise.

So I recommend seeking out the best consumer organisation by your own method. There may be one or more doing a report on which is the best consumer organisation!
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 04-08-2021 at 12:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)