+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Knee

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm trying hard with this. I'm putting my intellectual head on and attempting to fully rationalise this decision.

Despite my best efforts I'm lost on this one.

Help me out please? Why the f*ck are players still taking the knee?
    Pressure BT is my only explanation

The bit I don’t get is in a team environment the lads would know if you were even remotely racist , so who are they taking the knee for , we’re all sick of it ( they must know that ) and as I’ve said personally I think they’re making the issue worse not better.

They're still taking the knee because some fans have booed their gesture, and aided by the Lefty media, they've got into their tiny brains that anyone who boos them is a racist bigot and must be confronted and opposed, so they HAVE to carry on, they cannot be seen to be backing down to people they conceive of as racist. And so racial harmony in this country takes another hit, and dissipates a little bit more every Saturday, which is precisely what BLM wants, our brain dead millionaire footballers are no more than BLMs useful idiots, and you can't educate pork.
    Last edited by sinkov; 04-08-2021 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    They're still taking the knee because some fans have booed their gesture, and aided by the Lefty media, they've got into their tiny brains that anyone who boos them is a racist bigot and must be confronted and opposed, so they HAVE to carry on, they cannot be seen to be backing down to people they conceive of as rascist. And so racial harmony in this country takes another hit, and dissipates a little bit more every Saturday, which is precisely what BLM wants, our brain dead millionaire footballers are no more than BLMs useful idiots, and you can't educate pork.
    I think that's about as near to a rational explanation I will get mon ami.

I'm going to plagiarise it and add a bit for an article on a Facebook page if you don't mind?

Not at all mon ami.

Taking the knee has come a long way since Colin Kaepernick started it and it's evolved from refusing to stand for the national anthem of a country that remains fundamentally racist to a generic anti-racism gesture. I think the issue is that some folk think it's to do with BLM - one of many groups which adopted it to promote their own message but it's not - they just borrowed it.
    Personally, I have no problem with a gesture that serves as a reminder to combat racism which certainly exists in our country. I'm not suggesting it's an effective message or even a universally understood gesture but equally I wouldn't boo folk who choose to do it. What's the point?

'They just borrowed it'. Imo they'd be well advised to give it back and devise their own gesture, all 22 players linking arms in the centre-circle would be my suggestion. I think they'd find then that all those fans they perceive as racist were actually on their side. But it seems they prefer confrontation to making a conciliatory gesture.
    Last edited by sinkov; 04-08-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Thank you lusty and sinkov, I've nicked your thoughts and elaborated a little...

They're still taking the knee because a section of fans has dared to boo their gesture, the kneelers are of course aided and abetted by the liberal, woke driven media who lap this nonsense up like a kitten with a saucer of tinned milk.

Our professional footballers have got it into their tiny brains that anyone who dares to boo them is a racist bigot and must be confronted and opposed; so, in an endless circle they just have to carry on.

Like hamsters trapped on a wheel the likes of Southgate, our FA, the EFL and the EPL cannot be seen to be backing down to people they conceive of as racist.

And so racial harmony in this country takes another hit, and dissolves a little bit more every Saturday, which is precisely what BLM wants. Our brain-dead millionaire footballers are no more than BLM’s useful idiots, and you cannot educate those who point blank refuse to be educated.

It’s as plain as a pikestaff that in a team environment the players would know if a fellow- player was even remotely racist, so who or what exactly are they taking the knee for?

I figure most football fans are sick of this futile gesturing, knee taking is creating division, not stifling it. It is obvious to those who are not suffering from myopia, taking the knee pre-match is making the issue worse and not better.

I'm trying hard with this. I'm putting my intellectual head on and attempting to fully rationalise this decision.

Despite my best efforts I'm lost on this one.

Help me out please? Why the f*ck are players still taking the knee?
    BT --it is either their own choice, it could be the choice of the club or it could be a mandate from the PL ---who knows.
    We, as fans, have several options which are not mandated by anyone. You can boo if you wish, unless that results in your being removed from the ground, which may not be too far away in the quest for control. You can turn your back if you wish, however, you could be facing some ugly bugger behind you so may not be wise. You can shout your objections if you wish, however, that could also possibly result in your being removed from the ground! The other alternative is to stand silent, knowing that you do not agree with what they are doing, and just shake your head.
    To be honest, it really isn't worth bothering about because it is a personal choice for you but may not be for players.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    all 22 players linking arms in the centre-circle would be my suggestion
    Not sure the hokey cokey gets the right message across Sinkov....

I figure most football fans are sick of this futile gesturing, knee taking is creating division, not stifling it.
    Not really - the vast majority applaud and it's a tiny, tiny proportion who are paranoid enough to consider it an attack on their personal rights and go to the trouble of booing.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)