+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The Knee

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    If you do not agree withe the Knee, then simply remain silent. Booing at the actions of the players is yet another reason why players do not/will not come to the Turf. So now we have an impoverished town, poor brand of football and now we have too many bigots. The Knee is simply a action to show the players are against racism I for one agree with the Knee. Those people who boo this action are just lowering the perception of Burnley - not just the football club.
    I agree with you about the booing Lancaster. imo it is not the way forward. The knee was going to be divisive and one is bound to ask why the players brought this back again this season knowing full well in advance that it would be confrontational. I am afraid the knee, even if it started out that way, is not simply an action to show the players are against racism. You cannot blame some fans for their reaction (this is not a problem of their making).

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I agree with you about the booing Lancaster. imo it is not the way forward. The knee was going to be divisive and one is bound to ask why the players brought this back again this season knowing full well in advance that it would be confrontational. I am afraid the knee, even if it started out that way, is not simply an action to show the players are against racism. You cannot blame some fans for their reaction (this is not a problem of their making).
    For me doing what they do is racist in itself , but we are scrutinised so much now , the first man to say his thoughts will be a racist bigot , world we live in I’m afraid , by nature alone life is tribal and you can’t change that in two minutes.

Taking the knee for BLM isn’t the answer , they had a chance right at the begging of this to make to make it ( as I posted on here ) all lives matter but no the racist movement that is BLM bludgeoned on via media platforms to continually Poke the hornets nest with a stick.

I’ve said many times before they are creating racists not stopping them.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    For me doing what they do is racist in itself , but we are scrutinised so much now , the first man to say his thoughts will be a racist bigot , world we live in I’m afraid , by nature alone life is tribal and you can’t change that in two minutes.

Taking the knee for BLM isn’t the answer , they had a chance right at the begging of this to make to make it ( as I posted on here ) all lives matter but no the racist movement that is BLM bludgeoned on via media platforms to continually Poke the hornets nest with a stick.

I’ve said many times before they are creating racists not stopping them.
    It's more insidious than that army88. Taking the knee forces you to choose sides and if you are against it you are a racist.

Divide and rule springs to my mind.

I've read some proper rubbish this weekend, but this one takes the biscuit...

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/s...46?ITO=newsnow

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's more insidious than that army88. Taking the knee forces you to choose sides and if you are against it you are a racist.

Divide and rule springs to my mind.

I've read some proper rubbish this weekend, but this one takes the biscuit...

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/s...46?ITO=newsnow
    Telling in that piece BT that he says "When black people are dying under the knees of police officers it is time to take a stand. Football has recognised this by taking the knee."

And yet I keep reading that this gesture has nothing to do with Black Lives Matter, but that is a lie, of course it has everything to do with BLM, as this piece says. But I fail to see what the death of one man thousands of miles away has to do with football in England, and on that basis football fans have every right to boo players supporting BLM, if they choose to do so.

Here is just a thought. Just suppose, and it is a big suppose, there was no booing of the knee at our remaining home games in August and September and this was done to give time for reflection. Would any footballers take that time to see whether they could or should be doing things differently? We often accuse players of being unable to think outside the box on the pitch but there must be those who are privately wondering wtf is going on. It won’t happen of course because we all know it won’t. The circus and the cycle will just run on and on.

It’s the knee or nothing thunders the FL and by the way you can’t have the nothing or anything else for that matter. Now you have been told so just suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    It’s the knee or nothing thunders the FL and by the way you can’t have the nothing or anything else for that matter. Now you have been told so just suck it up.
    They could still do what Millwall have done, it is still a personal choice, except for the fact that hardly any of them wants to be seen to be bucking the trend because they would then be 'labelled' by some parts of society.
    According to reports, Burnley fans were the only PL fans to boo at players taking the knee. The media then chased Sean Dyche wanting him to do something about it etc., etc. ad nauseam. He was then criticised for not openly condemning those fans.
    Meanwhile, the Clarets are supposedy in the market for a player from Lyon, who has now decided that he does not wish to come to Burnley ---I wonder what influences his reasoning? Money on offer is good, PL football is an attraction, surely it couldn't be the fact that certain fans express their open disapproval to players supporting an anti-racist gesture.
    Ah yes, but he won't know about that ----after all---it was plastered across the world's media last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    They could still do what Millwall have done, it is still a personal choice, except for the fact that hardly any of them wants to be seen to be bucking the trend because they would then be 'labelled' by some parts of society.
    According to reports, Burnley fans were the only PL fans to boo at players taking the knee. The media then chased Sean Dyche wanting him to do something about it etc., etc. ad nauseam. He was then criticised for not openly condemning those fans.
    Meanwhile, the Clarets are supposedy in the market for a player from Lyon, who has now decided that he does not wish to come to Burnley ---I wonder what influences his reasoning? Money on offer is good, PL football is an attraction, surely it couldn't be the fact that certain fans express their open disapproval to players supporting an anti-racist gesture.
    Ah yes, but he won't know about that ----after all---it was plastered across the world's media last weekend.
    I have made my views on booing well known Supersub. Journos have been quick to call out any and all fans who boo as racist and to get after Sean Dyche and Gary Rowett. There is not a care in the world as to the damage that is being caused to football and communities as long as they prove their point that there are some racists. I think we all knew that.

"-I wonder what influences his reasoning? Money on offer is good, PL football is an attraction, surely it couldn't be the fact that certain fans express their open disapproval to players supporting an anti-racist gesture."

I would doubt that's influenced him in the slightest, after all we've just had one black player, Lennon, actually asking to come back for a second spell at the club.

As for taking the knee, as far as I'm concerned it's a gesture supporting an extreme, racist, anti-white political organisation, and I don't give a FF what woke footballers, the Lefty media and those on the Race Relations gravy train say, I'll boo it every chance I get.

On the other hand, change the gesture to something inclusive instead of divisive and I'll happily applaud, as will everyone else. But they won't do this, it's almost as though they have a vested interest in being able to claim that some fans are racist, but that surely can't be the case ..................can it ?

I have decided the best way to show my disapproval is to not go to EPL matches, keep my money in my pocket and not watch televised football until one minute after scheduled kick off.

I have mentioned this before, but watching this subservient knee bending makes my skin crawl and I honestly do not know why. I think a psychiatrist would say it reflects my hatred of watching grown men doing the subservient knee bending malarkey before our Royal Family.

Just what they are kneeling for pre-match I really have no idea, and I'll bet our lot don't know either.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)