+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Knee

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Not really - the vast majority applaud and it's a tiny, tiny proportion who are paranoid enough to consider it an attack on their personal rights and go to the trouble of booing.
    can easy solve the problem - Wander......just don't give a boost to the tiny tiny and constantly pailing bigots that can't see beyond skin pigment.

...but what plisses me off - seems those behind this foment make out the large of us to be....

something like this.

Whether he's kneeling, standing or lying down I don't think so as that's the "black power" symbol - the movement for self-determination for black people in America - a principle that is now embodied into international law for all people regardless of skin colour, religion etc and a principle that has been fought for by all nations since the 1860's. That said, the black power movement covered a wide spectrum of ideologies including some who wanted black separatism and others who just wanted equality of opportunity and treatment.

As an analogy, a Man United fan protesting against the price of admission at Old Trafford isn't insulting fans of other clubs - it's just what they think is unfair for them.
    The point was wander , that the symbol was against white police initially and that BLM are exactly as I said divide and conquer, so interpretation is the key.

I mean how far do you go with this , in this country people protested about the death of a black man in America ( killed unlawfully) , but then they went on the rampage destroying - defacing - attacking - looting attacking white people and they expect equality and no reaction to their actions.

For me it doesn’t paint a brilliant picture for no racism , equality in life when the people protesting are the ones ( in my eyes anyway ) creating or extenuating the problem.

So black power for me is the wrong message because judging by the above there are as many racist black people as there are white people and it’s fuelling the situation ( BLM love it as that’s their point ).

Personally I’d like us all to live peacefully in harmony but I feel I’m paddling against the current where tribal issues will always be prevalent, no matter how hard we try , if the black people want equality there are many things to put right amongst themselves before we can all start to live peacefully.

Not really - the vast majority applaud and it's a tiny, tiny proportion who are paranoid enough to consider it an attack on their personal rights and go to the trouble of booing.
    I have no idea why watching 22 players, the match officials and management teams all simultaneously taking the knee pre-kick off makes me cringe, but it does.

I have even less of an idea why three England players who missed penalties in an international football match suffered racial abuse and hatred.

If taking the knee works, I'm a Chinaman.

Taking the knee has come a long way since Colin Kaepernick started it and it's evolved from refusing to stand for the national anthem of a country that remains fundamentally racist to a generic anti-racism gesture. I think the issue is that some folk think it's to do with BLM - one of many groups which adopted it to promote their own message but it's not - they just borrowed it.
    Personally, I have no problem with a gesture that serves as a reminder to combat racism which certainly exists in our country. I'm not suggesting it's an effective message or even a universally understood gesture but equally I wouldn't boo folk who choose to do it. What's the point?
    I can tell you with certainty lusty that should you call this out as just a gesture they will go ballistic.

Here in Bolton, I see very little "White Privilege," but lots and lots of "Asian Privilege".

Some of the Planning Regulations that seem to get bypassed are truly "unbelievable Jeff."

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Here in Bolton, I see very little "White Privilege," but lots and lots of "Asian Privilege".

Some of the Planning Regulations that seem to get bypassed are truly "unbelievable Jeff."
    Planning for an Asian Community is culturally different though. Years ago my GF at the time was doing market research in the Accrington Pakistani community for the Council re what type of new houses they should build but getting nowhere so I offered help and went into the mosque, explained what it was for and the community leaders opened all the doors for us. Amazing experience. Basically everyone came from the same small town in Pakistan originally 100+ years ago to work in the mills - there are 5 British born generations in the Accrington community (Blackburn Rd) Anyhoo, most had bought adjacent terraced houses so the extended family could all live together. What the research showed was that the older generation wanted 8 or 9 bedroom houses so they could all live together and their kids would look after them in their old age. The younger generation wanted flats so they could move away from their families and not have to look after the old 'uns.

The other thing I learned when I was going into their houses was that pet quails were popular - I kid you not.

I was looking for the facts - and then you had to spoil it by putting up Tucker Carlson on Fox News
    Not the facts according to Tucker Carlson but the Washington Post Wanderlust if you bothered to watch the video.Why do the lefties and the Libtards always screech at the facts when they are indigestible.The Washington Post is hardly a right wing source.More white people were killed by police than black in 2019 even though black people were far more likely to have deadly weapons.They are the facts.

Planning for an Asian Community is culturally different though. Years ago my GF at the time was doing market research in the Accrington Pakistani community for the Council re what type of new houses they should build but getting nowhere so I offered help and went into the mosque, explained what it was for and the community leaders opened all the doors for us. Amazing experience. Basically everyone came from the same small town in Pakistan originally 100+ years ago to work in the mills - there are 5 British born generations in the Accrington community (Blackburn Rd) Anyhoo, most had bought adjacent terraced houses so the extended family could all live together. What the research showed was that the older generation wanted 8 or 9 bedroom houses so they could all live together and their kids would look after them in their old age. The younger generation wanted flats so they could move away from their families and not have to look after the old 'uns.

The other thing I learned when I was going into their houses was that pet quails were popular - I kid you not.
    Your bit about Accrington is spot on the nail lusty. I worked at Highams in the late 60's and the Pakistanis were labouring in the bleach house on shifts.

4 blokes to a terraced house in Woodnook, which you could buy back then for £600.00. It did not take these lads long to buy up whole blocks of Woodnook and Blackburn Road.

I witnessed a remarkable transition in a very short time. I worry for my grandkids future, I really do.

The Pakistani lads working in the mills in Accy in the 60s ran a cricket team in the local Saturday afternoon league. I was hanging round the top of Highams playing fields one afternoon before going down Thorneyholme Rd to watch Accy in the Lancashire League, when they turned up a player short and asked if I fancied turning out for them. I played a few games for them, good lads, some good cricketers, no problems at all.

Quite a bit later I played football against a team of Pakistani lads in the Burnley Combination, they didn't last long, times had changed.

Hokey Cokey = Hocus Pocus....

plenty of that going on tbs.

“faith hate,”?

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....1/hokey-pokey/

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)