+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Knee

The Knee

Premier League teams will be continuing this for the 2021/22 season. Ye Gods. You think they would have looked at Bethany, Kye, Charlotte, Declan and others competing at the Olympic Games (some without having received funding) and at least wondered if they should be putting themselves forward yet again as the moral guardians of the nation.

Its nothing short of pathetic Outwood

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Its nothing short of pathetic Outwood
    They really don’t get it do they , they made their point initially, now they’re switching people off this is not helping it , personally I still think there was less of a problem before BLM started this whilst I accept there were and always will be racist people , they should have continued educating future generations of our children not our current one.
    Inciting trouble and violence - which just switches off the masses as they automatically create a stigma where even non racist people criticise/ because they’ve simply heard enough of how hard life’s been for them and the struggle s - has anyone else had a struggle free life do they think ?

I listened yesterday to grealish s wife who’d had two hundred or more death threats in the Euros , it made the news but hey it’s not important really because it’s not a racist issue and a political movement isn’t behind it ,

If only the rich and wealthy footballers could do some good there eh? But no we’re not get Sky on a hyper publicity campaign for that one .
    Last edited by army88; 04-08-2021 at 05:55 AM.

It will be interesting to witness the response at Turf Moor when we kneel before Brighton...

They want to persist with their divisive virtue-signalling, fair enough, I just hope that the majority of normal, decent fans persist with expressing their opposition and continue to give them a good booing.

Given that I'm not that enamoured of PL football and Sky are so keen to ram BLM down it's subscriber's throats, I'm seriously considering cancelling my SkySports subscription. I'll think about it, I'm not going to cut my nose off to spite my face, but I don't watch it much anymore anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    They want to persist with their divisive virtue-signalling, fair enough, I just hope that the majority of normal, decent fans persist with expressing their opposition and continue to give them a good booing.

Given that I'm not that enamoured of PL football and Sky are so keen to ram BLM down it's subscriber's throats, I'm seriously considering cancelling my SkySports subscription. I'll think about it, I'm not going to cut my nose off to spite my face, but I don't watch it much anymore anyway.
    I have no doubt Sinkov that the volume of the music will be increased to cover the booing.Cultural Marxism must be allowed to continue forward and no better way to force it on the masses than through sport.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It will be interesting to witness the response at Turf Moor when we kneel before Brighton...
    I’ll be turning me back to it , or maybe a little boo

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I’ll be turning me back to it , or maybe a little boo
    I'm a bit disappointed army, why not give it a fecking great big boo, and one for me as well.

It is almost as if this is not so much about their “moral crusade” but a deliberate thumbing of the nose against everyone who opposes the way they have set about it. I am in a quandary because if I boo this will in their eyes (ears?) make me the racist bigot they are so heroically standing up (there is an irony) against. I will just turn my back. That may be a cop out but can surely only be labelled as an objection and nothing more.

I'm trying hard with this. I'm putting my intellectual head on and attempting to fully rationalise this decision.

Despite my best efforts I'm lost on this one.

Help me out please? Why the f*ck are players still taking the knee?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)