+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Knee

Ok wander when a black player raises his fist whilst kneeling is that racist to white people -

You see this is the thing everyone got so wrapped up in BLM and there ideology of how everyone in the world is racist to black people , divide and conquer is there aim , drive a wedge between us.

I posted this morning re Grealish wife who was persistently threatened with death threats , you see I’m willing to bet you if she was black - Asian the scenario would have created much better news , the fact she was threatened with death would have been overlooked , but if she’d been from a under privileged background from immigrant parents , there would have been hell to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT --it is either their own choice, it could be the choice of the club or it could be a mandate from the PL ---who knows.
    We, as fans, have several options which are not mandated by anyone. You can boo if you wish, unless that results in your being removed from the ground, which may not be too far away in the quest for control. You can turn your back if you wish, however, you could be facing some ugly bugger behind you so may not be wise. You can shout your objections if you wish, however, that could also possibly result in your being removed from the ground! The other alternative is to stand silent, knowing that you do not agree with what they are doing, and just shake your head.
    To be honest, it really isn't worth bothering about because it is a personal choice for you but may not be for players.
    There is another alternative Sub and that is for all the fans to stay away from the games until this nonsense stops.The European Super League fiasco proved that a lot can be achieved quickly if the fans unite.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Not sure the hokey cokey gets the right message across Sinkov....
    Whatever message they think they're sending by getting on their knees, it's not working is it. After a year of it our English black lads still got abused for missing penalties. They can do it for another year and racism will still exist, they can get down on their knees for the next ten years and it will make no difference. Was it Einstein who said that to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result was the definition of madness, or was it Boris Johnson ?

But they're not really mad are they, and they don't expect a different result either do they, they're just virtue-signalling. Makes them feel good about themselves, before they get back to their Ferraris in the secure car park.

You know lusty I wasn't thinking hokey cokey, but now I can't get the image out of my head. We could be onto something here, could the hokey cokey drive racism out of football ? Worth a try surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Whatever message they think they're sending by getting on their knees, it's not working is it. After a year of it our English black lads still got abused for missing penalties. They can do it for another year and racism will still exist, they can get down on their knees for the next ten years and it will make no difference. Was it Einstein who said that to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result was the definition of madness, or was it Boris Johnson ?

But they're not really mad are they, and they don't expect a different result either do they, they're just virtue-signalling. Makes them feel good about themselves, before they get back to their Ferraris in the secure car park.
    My point from earlier Sinkov educate the next generations don’t try and change this one , still think most people like us on here are not racist at all , but I can see how some become racist with this situation going on and on and on.

BLM is based on a lie.The facts about black people killed by police in America:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQpI3Scec90

You know lusty I wasn't thinking hokey cokey, but now I can't get the image out of my head. We could be onto something here, could the hokey cokey drive racism out of football ? Worth a try surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    BLM is based on a lie.The facts about black people killed by police in America:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQpI3Scec90
    I was looking for the facts - and then you had to spoil it by putting up Tucker Carlson on Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Our glorious leader is well into it...

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Ok wander when a black player raises his fist whilst kneeling is that racist to white people -
    Whether he's kneeling, standing or lying down I don't think so as that's the "black power" symbol - the movement for self-determination for black people in America - a principle that is now embodied into international law for all people regardless of skin colour, religion etc and a principle that has been fought for by all nations since the 1860's. That said, the black power movement covered a wide spectrum of ideologies including some who wanted black separatism and others who just wanted equality of opportunity and treatment.

As an analogy, a Man United fan protesting against the price of admission at Old Trafford isn't insulting fans of other clubs - it's just what they think is unfair for them.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)