+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will Wayne sign??

Who will Wayne sign??

Well the tension mounts and at the time of posting this, nobody has a clue which if any players we will sign before the first game of the season, nor indeed how many we can sign amid rumours that a deal has been done with the EFL!

So any predictions?

Mine are -

Menghi - loan
    Jageilka
    Morrison
    Davies
    Aluko

if the rumour about being able to sign more than 5 is true - expect Carroll, Stearman and a mystery striker on loan from another club.

Other moves will depend on departures - Marshall may go and make way for Allsopp, though I see we have crocked Buchanan so he can't leave

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well the tension mounts and at the time of posting this, nobody has a clue which if any players we will sign before the first game of the season, nor indeed how many we can sign amid rumours that a deal has been done with the EFL!

So any predictions?

Mine are -

Menghi - loan
    Jageilka
    Morrison
    Davies
    Aluko

if the rumour about being able to sign more than 5 is true - expect Carroll, Stearman and a mystery striker on loan from another club.

Other moves will depend on departures - Marshall may go and make way for Allsopp, though I see we have crocked Buchanan so he can't leave
    No more idea than you, Swale...but even if we can’t run to Curtis Davies as a player I’d like to see him signed up to the back room staff.

I don’t want Rooney to fail, because if he does it’ll mean we’ll be in an even deeper hole, but if he does I do see Davies as a player who may be right at the end of his career but is someone who always leads by example, someone who the younger players can genuinely look up to and who may well make a potential future manager.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I see we have crocked Buchanan so he can't leave
    Probably an 'Escape To Victory'-style team mate administered injury so he doesn't get consigned to the Forest

Cynical me says no-one

We can, as things stand, only sign 4. From Swale's list I'd drop Aluko.

Whilst accepting the need for centre backs, I think to use up 3 of our 4 available acquisitions on the same position is perhaps as churlish as signing another goalkeeper when we have that position adequately covered. Unless Stretton can step up to the plate, going into a season with CKR as our only goalscorer would seem unwise - but then I dont think Aluko is the answer either: 6 goals in 93 games at Reading is unconvincing.

But beggars cant be choosers. To think 18 months ago the fantasists amongst our fan base were talking about Messi (perhaps tongue in cheek) and spending masses of Middle Eastern money

Question is, whoever we sign, will they make a difference? If not, why sign anyone? Even with 4 of these guys, I'd still assess us as nailed on for relegation anyway, unless a magical Bielik return can send us on a substantial 2 game unbeaten streak

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Whilst accepting the need for centre backs, I think to use up 3 of our 4 available acquisitions on the same position is perhaps as churlish as signing another goalkeeper when we have that position adequately covered. Unless Stretton can step up to the plate, going into a season with CKR as our only goalscorer would seem unwise - but then I dont think Aluko is the answer either: 6 goals in 93 games at Reading is unconvincing.

But beggars cant be choosers. To think 18 months ago the fantasists amongst our fan base were talking about Messi (perhaps tongue in cheek) and spending masses of Middle Eastern money

Question is, whoever we sign, will they make a difference? If not, why sign anyone? Even with 4 of these guys, I'd still assess us as nailed on for relegation anyway, unless a magical Bielik return can send us on a substantial 2 game unbeaten streak
    Your correct MA, read somewhere it was 5 but at the moment its 4.

We have no CB's with much experience signed up - so we need at least 2 preferably 3 CB's in any event, which is why Menghi, Davies and Jagielka seem certainties.

We do need striker but and neither Baldock or Aluko are goal machines, to be fair Aluko is more an attacking midfielder.

Its certainly looking grim at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Ah yes, GP...those fondly remembered days when Benitez was spotted house hunting in Quarndon and shopping at Kwik-Save.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ah yes, GP...those fondly remembered days when Benitez was spotted house hunting in Quarndon and shopping at Kwik-Save.
    I recall a Derby Telegraph story about Jack Grealish too. Ah the filling of 'column inches' or these days clicks

Apparently there is a meeting between the club and some supporter's groups this week. Those invited have to sign an NDA in order to be allowed to attend.

Rams Trust has kept confidentiality in the past. The question that hits me instantly in this is "just what will be said that can't see the light of day?"

The only two things I can think of are administration or liquidation.......

... and then a 3rd entered my head...... is there a deal to sell in the offing and publication of whatever will be told at the meeting might put the deal either in jeopardy or result in Mel getting a much lower offer?

Or a 4th possibility that, if whatever it is was public knowledge fans would be conspicuous by their absence this weekend......

Whatever it is, it doesn't bode well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)