+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Var has now been 'tweaked' for season 2021/22.

It’s all gone crazy, thank god I was able to watch football when it was normal…

Same George - sport can never achieve so called perfection and as people play it and oversee it there will always be mistakes - to be human is to err - that should be a part of sport and so long as the rules prevent cheating and corruption not sure achieving perfection should be a goal.

Part of the problem seems to be that sport has increased ‘importance’ in recent years and the media channels love creating controversy as it sells the product.

Ya right mate, used to be so much riding on a game in the name of sport, now it’s in the name of money.
    I guess we have to move along with the times huh!!! Just happy I was able to see and love the game on how it was played and enjoyed.

All sport will never be the same since the introduction of sports betting in the world. Cheating on all fronts. We are just puppets to it all.
    We also have criminals owning clubs so forth.
    Just relax take it all in and pretend you are enjoying it all.
    Now I'm of to find someone that knows what is happening in the next race.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Ya right mate, used to be so much riding on a game in the name of sport, now it’s in the name of money.
    I guess we have to move along with the times huh!!! Just happy I was able to see and love the game on how it was played and enjoyed.
    Watching highlights of Cooper, George showed what football used to be. Even though my memory is failing I will never forget the day My team here with Super Mac from Newcastle playing as a guest and the other team called Saint George had Charlie George was a real experience.
    This was written by the new manager of Celtic who was my age and played against.

IN 1977, as a 12-year-old, my dad took me to watch our team, South Melbourne, in the first year of the National Soccer League. Reports from that day say more than 17,000 people packed into Middle Park and for me, it felt like I was at a ground in Europe and experiencing in person what I had seen on my TV.

The reason for the excitement was that both clubs that day, South Melbourne and St George, had invested heavily in two high-profile guest players. South had Malcolm McDonald, otherwise known as ''Super Mac'', while St George had brought over Charlie George, a great player with a playboy lifestyle.

The game ended 3-2 to St George, with George scoring the winner and Super Mac scoring twice for my team. It was a promoter's dream.

That sounds like it would've been a fun game to go to!

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    That sounds like it would've been a fun game to go to!
    Was surreal and when they say it had 17 thousand people trust me it felt like 100k as the grounds back that could only hold 15k people were standing anywhere.
    Name:  middle1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  8.2 KB Name:  middle-park-stadium.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  86.2 KB
    This is the ground.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)