+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Streaming matches

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think it would be great if some way of allowing streaming in addition to attendance could be worked out but I can't for the life of me figure out how it could be done without affecting attendances. It would be a great way to increase engagement and enjoyment for far-flung fans of all clubs, especially those outside the Premiership Banking Division, not to mention extra club revenue where it is most needed.
    I think it should be trialled for a season. They may be surprised how many still want to attend for the in-person experience plus added revenue from streamers who can't attend. Many would pay close to attendance price for a stream which could make up for the few not attending. My feeling is revenue would increase overall but give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    I think it should be trialled for a season. They may be surprised how many still want to attend for the in-person experience plus added revenue from streamers who can't attend. Many would pay close to attendance price for a stream which could make up for the few not attending. My feeling is revenue would increase overall but give it a try.
    Certainly worth a trial.

I think it would be great if some way of allowing streaming in addition to attendance could be worked out but I can't for the life of me figure out how it could be done without affecting attendances. It would be a great way to increase engagement and enjoyment for far-flung fans of all clubs, especially those outside the Premiership Banking Division.
    Exactly what I was thinking, especially the bit where you say "I can't for the life of me figure out how it could be done without affecting attendances". While the live streams during Covid never came close to matching the real thing, I saw it as a way to contribute to the club when I couldn't get to Meadow Lane. It made me realise that many of those those who are unable to attend by living abroad thought the same, and it was a real bonus for them. I suppose the option of a live stream for those outside the UK depends on whether enough people would subscribe to make it cost effective. It might work for us, but could the likes of Boreham Wood say the same?

Certainly worth a trial.
    Certainly is. What would you imagine is the maximum you could charge for a stream? @the £10 mark or more? That would make it @£230 to watch every home match, still £100 ish less than the price of an adult S/T. You could easily get 4 peeps sitting around a TV rather than attending tho, it's a difficult one. You want to encourage access for those that can't attend without discouraging fans from attending. At the end of the day it's most prob down to the NL as to whether it's even allowable.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    Perhaps people should pay the admission price for the game to watch the stream. Expensive I know but maybe then it wouldn’t undermine attendances but would enable anyone to watch the game?
    Nice idea, but with an obvious flaw. As an example, if four mates go to the game they will pay four admissions. If they watch it on rotation at home they would pay one admission every four games. Also, the supermarket beers and burgers would save them a lot more.

For me, nothing comes close to being there in person, but when I was young TV was never an option.

It's not going to happen, move on

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Actually, you're prob right. It's a shame tho, it would be a good thing to make footy as accessible as possible, but impossible to do it without harming your own clubs finances. Especially at a lower level. If Man U were to sell streams Worldwide for a fiver a pop, I dare say they'd make a load more money than they make thru gate receipts.

York Match - Live stream?

Just had a look, can't see a stream? and info anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    York match - Just had a look, can't see a stream? and info anyone?
    No video but hospital radio are intending to cover this afternoon's game. I'll post a link at the start of the game if it happens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast