+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will we do this season

How will we do this season

Too early to say or is it? We have 3 very good signings with possibly another 2 to come in, is it enough to satisfy Jack or should we just count him out?
    With Him, I think we can break into Europe, without no but better than last season top ten for sure.
    Looking around, I see no threat from the likes of Arsenal, Everton, Leeds or West ham.
    Arsenal rebuilding
    Everton in turmoil
    Leeds 2nd season syndrome
    West Ham Europe to take it toll. Even spuds might struggle this year without Kane?
    I think its there for us to give it a real go, defence an GK solid, and abundance of midfielders and wingers to keep everyone on their toes and if we get Tammy, options up front, lets face it Davies is no threat, a good lad but Championship at best.
    I see Watkins bagging 20 plus, this will come at a price as City will want him next year??
    I am hoping for big things from Buendia and Bailey, the VP faithfull well up for it with 'Sold Out' signs on every game. This could be a great season?
    Thoughts

With Grealish top 4 is possible. Without 7th

Jacks gone, in manchester today for medical says several media outlets!☹

I’m not so sure about Leeds’s 2nd season thing Dave. 2nd season Syndrome is more of a coincidence than law. Our 2nd season didn’t turn out too shabby did it?

If our signings continue to impress, then I think we’ll have a seriously good season, with or without the ‘Golden Child’.

Over to you Deano, can you handle more than one proper player in the team? Time will tell.

We will be much more of a team, a collective defensive and attacking unit, with what we have plus whats come in, im thinking something like this
    Emi 1
    Cash Konsa Mings Targett
    Nakamba
    Mcginn Luis Emi 2
    Bailey Ings Watkins

we would also have the option of 3 at the back with Young or Bert instead of Nakamba for "easier" games, actually in a position to rest players rather than having to make do when an injury or suspension happens.
    We may not have the special player that Jack is, but I think we will have a much better team, and other teams are going to need a whole new set of tactics to stop us.
    Last edited by oldskoolvillan; 05-08-2021 at 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling error

Bit concerned when JT left but we definitely have some depth now. Luiz will be knackered when he comes back, so Nakamba has to try and nail that spot. If we do get JWP sitting next to McGinn then I can see Luiz going in this window or at Xmas.

I think we have a better team than most in the league and can see us getting 7th or 8th. Anything lower than that could be attributed to Jack going and new signings bedding in.

We've got a lot to look forward to!

The good thing is we now have alternative formations that Deano can adopt and keep the opposition guessing.
    The only player that will need bedding in IMO is Leon Bailey as he won't be used to the Premiership style of football, but hopefully his obvious talent will shine through. Exciting times ahead

Pretty good I reckon with these signings and really optimistic of a top 6 finish

Goal threats and solid defensively - I'd say 7th.

I'm not wimping out, but I'll decide the day before the season starts. Knowledge is power, and hopefully some bragging rights, or at least, not being totally humiliated come end of season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)