+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa Park....

Villa Park....

I have posted this before but feel its still a topic of conversation having had updates from Purslow.
    So Purslow states VP will be expanded within 2 to 10 years.....Ten years?? I do not get this, we have 13,000 on stand by for ST with every game to be a sell out with over 10k vying for match day scraps including me.
    With all this talent coming in and us on the up, surely the time is right to once and for all get rid of that North stand, not only does it let the look of the ground down but it is just not up to modern day standard when you consider Seat space, Toilets, and catering.....stuck in the eighties and smacks of old Deadly penny pinching.
    Can you imagine 60k down VP now, wow and we would sell out plus giving the casual supporter a realistic chance of actually obtaining a ticket.
    Any updates on what Purslow said?

With Armageddon exploding in front of our very eyes, from today’s Transfer News, it seems like a good decision to gradually rebuild. Some of the comments are laughable from so-called fans, absolutely ludicrous.

The ground does need improving, but not at the whim of the entitled modern society, who demand everything now (not you Dave ). The figures of 13,000 genuine fans waiting on a season ticket, make me chuckle. I could add my name to that list, with absolutely no intention of buying one, in the hope of enhancing my pedigree and profile as a real Villa Fan on social media. Where were all of these lifelong mega fans when we were sh1t?

Those fans are the new villa youth, I dont think we can call them glory hunters but I know what you mean. The so called new North stand has now been spoken about with 4 owners dating back some 20 years. Long overdue!

Totally agree, it's the only place to start. It Will probably take 2 years to knock and replace, longer if they're adding a Hotel (as planned). It will be 10 years before it's all finished.

I wish that they'd knock the Holte, and rebuild single-tier 20,000+ seats and Rail Seats.

How about relocating to Witton, back home as they say, the site of the old IMI factory, loads of spare land there! 3 tier 4 sided ground with both bottom tiers behind the goals using the rail seats???? Plenty of parking!

Nah mate, Villa Park, my only home.

Interesting idea Dave let’s be honest the game’s moved on now a far cry from the 50s 60s 70s and 80s in fact almost unrecognisable so a new stadium build on that land makes a lot of sense.

My memories of VP are safely locked away in my head so I’m safe.

Pity we did not do anything for the Commonwealth Games in Perry bar, isnt that where it all started? Too late now, just want to see that rather old fashioned stupid north stand knocked to the ground (While im breathing)

Mixed feelings on increasing the ground capacity beyond a few thousand, we get promoted and all of a sudden we have a waiting list for season tickets plus a membership scheme to better your chances of a ticket if you're a "casual supporter". Where were these supporters when the top tier of the Trinity Rd closed for the Championship seasons bar the odd occasion?

My overall fear is when the current cycle of "success" is over, the Johnny come lately types will fade away and the team will be playing with swathes of empty seats. Is it worth it to satisfy the whims of tourists wanting a day out as is now the case at Man City - polite applause when a goal is scored then sit back down and go on Twitter

I get the feeling the new generation supporter has bought up all the season tickets at 'Dads' expence, the casual fans, i think are people like me, got no chance but not only was there through the relegation battle but also there when we went down in the 80s, season ticket holder for 15 years then the kids came along. I think there are huge numbers of fans like me who now, are on that waiting list. What comes to mind is if we are syccess ful actial qualify for the CL, the real glory hunters will come along and maybe even when, we have 60k capacity, I still cannot get a to a game! We all rember just how low the crowds were at Utd, City and Chelsea before the money and plastic population came along!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)