I thought the defence was adequate, and would have rated higher but for DD’s calamitous back pass. Ramsay has class and I thought Rio was more than OK; we’ve been spoilt with Pixie and it wouldn’t be fair to compare the two this early in Rio’s career and I’d rate him as fine.

Up front I’d agree that Ainley was a square peg in a round hole, Dale started and finished the game well but was quiet in the middle. Mandron was the pick, did what he always does well and took the goal really well. He was left alone far too often for my (and I suspect his) liking, which brings me to the midfield. The word that spring to mind after the match was stodgy. Murph has never had much pace and Lundstram didn’t look blessed in that department either - Finney was largely anonymous. We looked better when MacDonald came on and Josh was pushed further forward but I too was surprised that Long wasn’t given time and Ports was - nothing against Ports of course but he didn’t find himself in his favourite 2 yards out tap in position! Only had 5 minutes mind.

All in all, disappointing but nothing to get too carried away about - it was better than the first match last season!