+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harry Kane Mardy Arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    He’s done well getting to the US, as Brits still cannot travel there.
    No problem if you,re a prem footballer
    WHERE IS KANE RIGHT NOW?

Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol:

"This evening, the Daily Telegraph and The Guardian are reporting that Harry Kane is still not even in the country. They say he is still in the United States so that means he won't be training in the morning according to those reports.

"But how long will it take him to get back into training? Once he comes back from the States he's going to have to isolate and have tests so we're talking days and days before he can return."

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Kane is not even in the country.
    Apparently he's in the US A so it seems a bit premeditated if he's not training with Spurs
    Yes he is. He's over here helping me negotiate a new contract with my boss

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    No problem if you,re a prem footballer
    WHERE IS KANE RIGHT NOW?

Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol:

"This evening, the Daily Telegraph and The Guardian are reporting that Harry Kane is still not even in the country. They say he is still in the United States so that means he won't be training in the morning according to those reports.

"But how long will it take him to get back into training? Once he comes back from the States he's going to have to isolate and have tests so we're talking days and days before he can return."
    From last Monday no isolation is necessary for anyone coming from the USA as long as they have been vaccinated either in the US or the UK 14 days prior to travel and have a negative test within 72 hours of travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Yes he is. He's over here helping me negotiate a new contract with my boss
    Good luck in the Job Centre (or the American equivalent if they have one)

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Good luck in the Job Centre (or the American equivalent if they have one)
    No Job Centres but they do have unemployment benefits. It's actually caused a problem with getting people back to work after Covid here because with the government aid a large number of workers in the service sector (shop workers, waiters etc.) were better off being out of work if they were earning less than $50K/year.

No Job Centres but they do have unemployment benefits. It's actually caused a problem with getting people back to work after Covid here because with the government aid a large number of workers in the service sector (shop workers, waiters etc.) were better off being out of work if they were earning less than $50K/year.
    That counts Kane out then.

Did they do similar to furlough over there?

So if you don't have a job they just give you benefit without trying to find you one? I would of thought they would be all over getting people off state help. Is 'Social Security' akin to benefits? Pensions etc? I've seen social security tv ads from over there and they say about getting money back every month etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Did they do similar to furlough over there?

So if you don't have a job they just give you benefit without trying to find you one? I would of thought they would be all over getting people off state help. Is 'Social Security' akin to benefits? Pensions etc? I've seen social security tv ads from over there and they say about getting money back every month etc.
    I don't think there was a furlough scheme. The way it generally works is when you are in a job your employer pays into Unemployment Insurance and if you ever get laid off that will pay you some percentage of your earnings (based on a formula) for up to 6 months as long as you file your claim weekly and prove evidence you are looking for work. During Covid the government topped this up with about and extra $400/week for everyone and removed the 'must be looking for a job' condition as so many people were out of work.

Social Security is what you pay while you are working (around 7% from you and 7% from your employer, or 14% from you if you are unemployed) and this is meant to cover your retirement, basic health insurance during retirement and other eventualities like getting injured and being unable to work or payments to you wife and kids if you die. Again it is based upon a formula relative to your earning. Also, the later you leave retirement the more you'll get. e.g. retire at 62 (earliest) and get $1500/month till death or retire at 72 (latest) and get $2500/month for the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Has far as I know neither of those players asked for a transfer OR refused to train. If Man City offer what Spurs want he can go.He’s a mardy arse.
    Of course they didn't... because we didn't treat them like commodities or sh1t did we??? You really don't get it do you???

I don't think there was a furlough scheme. The way it generally works is when you are in a job your employer pays into Unemployment Insurance and if you ever get laid off that will pay you some percentage of your earnings (based on a formula) for up to 6 months as long as you file your claim weekly and prove evidence you are looking for work. During Covid the government topped this up with about and extra $400/week for everyone and removed the 'must be looking for a job' condition as so many people were out of work.

Social Security is what you pay while you are working (around 7% from you and 7% from your employer, or 14% from you if you are unemployed) and this is meant to cover your retirement, basic health insurance during retirement and other eventualities like getting injured and being unable to work or payments to you wife and kids if you die. Again it is based upon a formula relative to your earning. Also, the later you leave retirement the more you'll get. e.g. retire at 62 (earliest) and get $1500/month till death or retire at 72 (latest) and get $2500/month for the rest of your life.
    Thanks for the info, always interesting to see how others do things. For a minute I assumed that they didn't even have anyone checking people look for work as they don't have Job Centres. $400 a week, not to be sniffed at.

So when these adverts say you can get $100 a month, back on your social security to use on things like dental treatment or pharmacy costs, why would people get this on top? The old phone up to see if you're eligible blah blah.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast