+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ollie Rathbone highlight reel.

Anyone remember his dad Mick? Played for Blackburn and Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Anyone remember his dad Mick? Played for Blackburn and Preston.
    Yes and I think ollies hairline is going the same way in a few years time.

But I hope he doesn’t take after his dad,who was a bag of nerves before a game and had all sorts of mental battles,which today would be open and talked about but back than was a lot different then….some quite funny bits like he got up at 4.am before paper shop opened and was waiting outside so he could get a paper before anyone else to see what rating he got on the Saturday….this was on the undr the cosh series podcasts probably the very first few episodes…some good stuff on those podcasts and worth a listen some ex Rotherham players and mangers on there too…

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Yes and I think ollies hairline is going the same way in a few years time.

But I hope he doesn’t take after his dad,who was a bag of nerves before a game and had all sorts of mental battles,which today would be open and talked about but back than was a lot different then….some quite funny bits like he got up at 4.am before paper shop opened and was waiting outside so he could get a paper before anyone else to see what rating he got on the Saturday….this was on the undr the cosh series podcasts probably the very first few episodes…some good stuff on those podcasts and worth a listen some ex Rotherham players and mangers on there too…
    Ryan Creswell's story about Steve Evans on the team coach is hilarious and Gary Roberts episode is a shocker. he was a right lad.

https://twitter.com/officiallydale/s...797184000?s=21

Loads of positive comments from Dale fans. They are gutted to lose him.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    That looks great and he will contribute goals - but put it into context. He's scored 15 league and cup goals in five seasons. What we saw in that video was all of them.

Let's hope he does even more with us. He looks a prospect,.
    CT, indeed it was all his goals over 5 seasons so let's not get carried away. He does look the terrier type though and definitely not afraid to go in where it hurts. Another Gerry Gow? now that I 'would' love. If he applies himself like Lindsay then we may well have a real gem on our hands.

Really don't want to put the mockers on him, but I can't remember the last time I got so excited by a permanent signing. He's a good footballer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12