+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On a scale of 1-10 how optimistic are you?

Don't see Smudge going, super important to us but I don't see a strong market of teams clamouring for his services. Ladapo similar, useful but I doubt teams will fall over each other to sign him. Maybe it is wishful thinking but players such as Crooks and Ajayi have a bit more, an extra touch of quality and strengths in their position. I don't see Smudge being a difference maker for Championship teams. As much as I love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I posted in another post that there are going to be be some good games, hopefully
    in division one, a number of teams have spent a lot of money in search for what they
    hope will be promotion.
    I think this time it will be more difficult league than the last two promotions, with Warne
    in charge, if Smith goes which I think he will, we will find it hard to get a replacement.
    I think at best a league position of 6th in the league.
    On a scale of up to 10 I would say 5.5

Decent season for me. Not expecting miracles but playoffs are achievable. Over to you messrs Warne and Barker.

Im an 8

I was 10 but now I’m about 42

Some big teams this season. Top eight would be a good effort. Eighth to tenth my prediction.

There's been big clubs in div one for a few seasons now who all spend money and have big budgets but most bomb and do nothing
    Tony usually says we have a top 4 budget so there's always three who have more resources than us.
    Ipswich have a good Manager and have made some quality recruits so they are likely to be the ones to catch.
    Wendy seem to be recruiting ex Cship players who have been discarded so they seem desperate rather than astute.

No reason why we can't finish in the top two again so it's a 9 on the board from me
    Last edited by flourbasher; 06-08-2021 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Some big teams this season. Top eight would be a good effort. Eighth to tenth my prediction.
    We don’t fear big teams ! Sunderland are in disarray? Ipswich have been floundering for years, Wigan been in top division but not really a big team, Wednesday looking desperate and signing a lot of out of date players, Bolton on the up but know better than us, Portsmouth another team who have been on the rocks !

We can see most of these off and get promoted.

Looking at the Weds recruiting they’ve done well and now have players we would liked to have signed. Don’t let the green eyed monster distract you from that fact.

I can see Weds being well in the mix for promotion if it all clicks and falls into place.
    The big thing for me though is they may well go into financial meltdown with the big wages they are about to start paying out!

I’m still on a 4 with us until the season gets going and hopefully we will push that figure to an 8 with a play off place.

Just an apology to Pocket if he's reading this that I haven't given it a resounding 10 .
    If Kayode does well then we,ll have a good season but if not then we need another decent forward which isn't nailed on yet

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast