+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First team squad

First team squad

On the official site there is 20 listed which includes Odoffin and Rathbone, adding Reg and the potential left back from Arsenal ? makes 22 !

So if the squad is 23 max for this season ? one place left to fill ! I think that must be a striker, preferably of some quality ! If we were still after Rooney or anybody else we would have to lose somebody from the squad eg Tilt or MacDonald or transfer a player eg Sadlier

Do we think this squad is strong enough and evenly balanced, covering all options ?

I agree on needing a striker. Although it is time to give Kayode a chance.
    I wouldn’t mind bringing in a striker with some experience that will support with his development.

I’ve heard the LB is isolating, well I hope we’re getting one

Two trialist to which one we’re not keeping, hopefully the other one stays

23? Thought L1 squad size was 21.

Just read that EFL we’re suppose to be removing squad size limit so whether that’s been done I don’t know
    Last edited by millertop; 05-08-2021 at 07:14 AM.

Cooper needs to be given a chance. Wood needs replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’ve heard the LB is isolating, well I hope we’re getting one

Two trialist to which one we’re not keeping, hopefully the other one stays

23? Thought L1 squad size was 21.

Just read that EFL we’re suppose to be removing squad size limit so whether that’s been done I don’t know
    Well we already have 21 without the left back ! I think 23 should be the squad size for clubs ie 2 players for each position and a third goalkeeper ?

Thing I noticed on the Millers site yesterday was all the first team photos have the new kit on with the exception of Tilt and McDonald I know Tilt doesn’t want to be here for whatever reason and I suspect McDonald probably thinks he’s too good for League 1 maybe I’m reading too much into it maybe not
    I think McDonald will leave and probably Tilt too if he wasn’t “injured” so I don’t know how that leaves us centre half wise
    It’s strange the club haven’t explained his absence I hope his cancer hasn’t returned but could it also be a disciplinary issue?

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Thing I noticed on the Millers site yesterday was all the first team photos have the new kit on with the exception of Tilt and McDonald I know Tilt doesn’t want to be here for whatever reason and I suspect McDonald probably thinks he’s too good for League 1 maybe I’m reading too much into it maybe not
    I think McDonald will leave and probably Tilt too if he wasn’t “injured” so I don’t know how that leaves us centre half wise
    It’s strange the club haven’t explained his absence I hope his cancer hasn’t returned but could it also be a disciplinary issue?
    Uttis, I think it's common knowledge Tilt wants a move to Wigan. Amazing how he played all those games for them and getting MOTM in some. He's recalled to us and heh presto he's injured??? As for McDonald it's all very quiet indeed and trust it isn't about his medical condition, he doesn't deserve that.

We have 22 players when Bola is announced, not including the four youngsters Gratton,Cooper,Hull and Greaves who wouldn’t count anyway unless they’ve altered the rules
    Still not sure what the actual squad size is from EFL but I take it clubs know

Lot of unfounded speculation on Tilt faining injury ! This is not even possible ! You can’t invent a tear in your muscle, hamstring etc, the scans reveal everything ! there is no doubt he is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Lot of unfounded speculation on Tilt faining injury ! This is not even possible ! You can’t invent a tear in your muscle, hamstring etc, the scans reveal everything ! there is no doubt he is injured.
    Didn’t he do it in international break?
    I don’t doubt him it all and still hope he gets on pitch for us at some point

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast