+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Final pre season friendly

Final pre season friendly

Won 3-1

Only a friendly
    But boy has this new free kick coach of ours got his work cut out sooo wasteful not one on target & corners as per usual none anywhere near on the money

Pluses
    1 Philogene Bidace very impressive

2 Chukwuemeka so quick powerful

3 Ings scored

4 Tuanzebe has much to the anger of the Toon army signed on loan ��

5 Ashley Young scored too !

Minus’s

1 We need to be able to wheel El Ghazi on to take penalties then swiftly off again once their taken !
    other than his ability from the spot he’s about as much use as a defibrillator in a morgue

2 Caught out once again ball watching from a free kick for their goal usual lackadaisical marking

3. No Beundia

4 No Leon Bailey

5. Ollie Watkins went off after taking a kmock

Other than that everything was fine

Haven’t worked out these Ramsey brothers yet, are either of them first team quality?

Cheers Freer!

Will take while to get a settled team and some rythem, this pre-season is going to catch a lot of teams out with so little games and rest after the Euros and Olympics! But, competition for places is healthy 😁

Quote Originally Posted by birminghamborn View Post
    Haven’t worked out these Ramsey brothers yet, are either of them first team quality?
    I’ve seen a fair bit of Jacob, box to box, easily capable of top-end champs for me. Aaron, I’ve seen less of, but he has shown a little more guile than his older sibling. More of a link-up man. Similar reviews to the Gardner Bros, although these lads are definitely Villa fans. Too early for me to tell about Aaron's quality.

Quite a bit of fuss is being made of 14 yr old Cole Ramsey, and is supposedly the best of the crop, ripping it up in the academy. My sister's hubby has links to regional U15 footy and says that young Cole is dynamite.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)