+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A message, thoughts on Grealish

A message, thoughts on Grealish

Well, it looks like he has gone and we must now accept he has but what would you like to leave as a message. Lots crappy toxic talk on various forums I guess from 13 year old keyboard warriors. Some people looking at the bigger picture, the project. Has this put us back or made the owners more determined, well if the new signings are anything to go by, its full steam ahead and the signings not finished and just who will walk through the doors of VP, Lange doing business thats taking the premiership by storm.
    For me, I would like to say Thank you to Jack, could have left for next to nothing years ago, he said he wanted us back in the prem and stayed with us to succeed, infact, the goal that kept us up, I remember the commentator saying "He leaves his club a legacy" thinking he was going to utd.
    He has been great for us and I wish him well, it will be with mixed feelings seeing him lift the premier league trophy, it smacks a little of Dwight Yorke who, we cared for and idolised for 10 years only to see the Reds snatch him up and then we watched him win the treble!
    Where does this leave us now in a great position, instantly strengthening, good quality signings with more to come. The future is bright and we must move on, hopefully a cup this year, why not. Onwards and upwards.✌
    Thoughts on Jacks dearture?

The saddest part of this is Jack didn't appear to be a modern footballer in the sense that he seemed to be committed to a successful career at his boyhood club. We were all living our dreams thru him. Playing for Villa, captaining Villa and at such an exciting time with great owners.

If Villa can't keep someone like that, then football is done.

The fact City can possibly spend £250m on two players (if they get Kane too) is so overwhelmingly corrupt and the PL will do nothing about it.

Yes, I've got lots of GREAT memories surrounding Grealish. But he is just another modern player.

Social platforms allow players to say things their PR teams tell them looks good

"my club. My city. Utv" 10 months ago - reeeeeks of Delph

Smith did say there was no buy out clause but that cannot be true? Hate reading some of these toxic messages about him, my god, hes not even signed yet, what if he backs out????

As I said in another thread, if he goes there is no legacy for me just thanks and goodbye, he has decided he cant win what he wants with us, fair enough, personally I think this might be a good thing for us, yes he is undoubtedly talented, but ultimately it cant be good for a squad to rely on one player tactically with that almost blind give it to Jack move we have had for some time. Also as a club we have probably been guilty of treating him differently to others, no subbing, captains armband, no real punishment for off field incidents etc, I think our owners have looked at this situation with their business heads on, Im not saying they havnt tried to keep him, but I am saying they have looked at his injury record, the amount of leeway he gets over the other players, the fact that the fee for him is all gravy re ffp/transfer spending, and said, ok Jack if you want out here is how it works, you and the rest of the squad keep their mouths shut until we have done the majority of our business so we dont get ****** over on prices, once we have our choices in place you can go so long as we get our asking price/your release price. Onwards and upwards, just remember what happened after we sold Andy Gray.......

I actually think Jack is making a massive mistake. I'm disappointed for him. We are Aston Villa, players come and players go, few become legends. If he goes, I'm still not completely sure he will go, he loses that opportunity to become a legend. He will not become a legend at Citeh, just another haarlem globetrotter at best or bench warmer at worst. His management team have sold him a kipper, feathering their nests rather than having the players best interests at heart. I think Jack has bought in on the idea that playing with Kane week in and week out will promote him into the England first XI, but I can't see Kane being allowed to join citeh. Levy will play hardball and Grealish's dream will be dashed. so long Jack and thanks for all the fish!

Enjoy the trappings of your endeavours Jack, you do deserve them. A shame that you didn’t make the ‘Hall of Fame’ status at your hometown club, by captaining your Villa to success. Scoring against the noses will never feel the same again, no more ‘best feelings in the world’.

I wish you no ill and hope that you do conquer the world, although the feeling would’ve been so much sweeter for you in your old shirt. I saw this yesterday, it made me laugh, it’s not bitter, just funny and true.

“Winning a Trophy at City is like losing your virginity to a prostitute”.

UTV. VTID. ONWARDS & UPWARDS.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
    “Winning a Trophy at City is like losing your virginity to a prostitute"

So true!

We lost David Platt for the then record fee for an English player, spent the money well and finished 2nd in the very first Premier League. Let’s show Jack what a huge mistake he has made by becoming Judas.

Obviously absolutely gutted, maybe a little bit cross after all the this is my club my city n liking where the project is taking us but that said I wish him luck but just hope he isn’t making a big mistake cos Pep can be a ruthless so and so no matter what a player costs..

Certainly don’t think he’s a snake or a traitor like I’ve read on some other groups.. that’s just pathetic..

End of day it was a really hard decision for him and he’s chose the instant Chance of medals rather than the risky and hopeful chance by staying..

But even though I’m gutted I’m also really excited with some of these signings and Bailey looks an absolute handful and if he hits ground running we’ve got a right player there and surely there will be more signings to come now

UTV

I saw this yesterday and thought how true

' Which man is the more ambitious? The man who climbs the mountain from the bottom or the man who gets in a helicopter 50% of the way up?'

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)