+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: OT Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The fundamental flaw in your team is that it doesn't have a wicketkeeper.
    Lol...very fair point that. So I suppose...Buttler or Bairstow batting at six at the expense of Malan or Pope...unless you drop Ali and rely on the spin of Root and Malan.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-09-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Sad to see that, after a little bit of ‘will he, won’t he’, it seems likely that Michael Holding is to hang up his commentator’s microphone.
    One of the greatest of all international fast bowlers imo, a major contributor to Derbyshire cricket in the eighties, a dignified and knowledgeable commentator and, for those willing to listen, someone who offered genuine insight and perspective on the whole BLM debate while being unafraid of displaying his emotions.
    A gentleman and a player, and one of the voices of cricket who’ll be missed next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sad to see that, after a little bit of ‘will he, won’t he’, it seems likely that Michael Holding is to hang up his commentator’s microphone.
    One of the greatest of all international fast bowlers imo, a major contributor to Derbyshire cricket in the eighties, a dignified and knowledgeable commentator and, for those willing to listen, someone who offered genuine insight and perspective on the whole BLM debate while being unafraid of displaying his emotions.
    A gentleman and a player, and one of the voices of cricket who’ll be missed next summer.
    If true that’s a shame. From the Aspect of commentary I’m not sure who will offer the Windies POV in such depth after he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    If true that’s a shame. From the Aspect of commentary I’m not sure who will offer the Windies POV in such depth after he retires.
    Ian Bishop perhaps, Andy. Lovely guy who I’ve actually played against. Hopefully not Daren Sammy who, along with Pietersen, was amongst the most annoying features of last summer’s ‘100’ imo.

Ian Bishop perhaps, Andy. Lovely guy who I’ve actually played against. Hopefully not Daren Sammy who, along with Pietersen, was amongst the most annoying features of last summer’s ‘100’ imo.
    Yes possibly and Sammy was a bit too suited to 100 to be a good analyst of 'proper' cricket, but who knows? Just watching a vid of holding in his pomp, such an elegant run-up and wicked delivery

and its very difficult to isolate one particularly annoying feature of the 100 from amongst the many.

Michael's knowledge of the game, especially the art of fast bowling, is unparalleled as his ability to communicate that knowledge to the viewer.
    Test Cricket without that voice, no way!

Time for Tim Paine to wind his neck in as regards the forthcoming Ashes imo.
    Saying the ‘Ashes will go ahead whether Joe and the players are here or not’ helps no one.
    It wouldn’t be unprecedented for a tour to have to be rescheduled as a result of the pandemic as both India and England have recently shown and the Aussies themselves were not slow in withdrawing from this year’s RL World Cup leading to its postponement.
    I think the England cricketers have done brilliantly to turn up and provide sporting entertainment so regularly during the two pandemic summers but, given the situation in some Australian cities, this may be a bridge too far.

I am sure that we will be able to send some sort of squad there, who are not suffering from bubble fatigue - probably mostly young singles players who do not wish to take families from place to place/ Australis has different covid rules in each state, and the 5 tests are planned to be played in 5 states.

Paine is right, they will seek for it to go ahead: why wind his neck in? Its nice to see gobby Aussies. The fact that they may get the joy of playing our B team or lesser reserves wont worry them. In fact it might be a great excuse for us being ****ted in a series that we would probably be ****ted in with a full strength side.

Go for it Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I am sure that we will be able to send some sort of squad there, who are not suffering from bubble fatigue - probably mostly young singles players who do not wish to take families from place to place/ Australis has different covid rules in each state, and the 5 tests are planned to be played in 5 states.

Paine is right, they will seek for it to go ahead: why wind his neck in? Its nice to see gobby Aussies. The fact that they may get the joy of playing our B team or lesser reserves wont worry them. In fact it might be a great excuse for us being ****ted in a series that we would probably be ****ted in with a full strength side.

Go for it Tim
    Not for the first time we disagree...but at least amiably so.

Why is it ‘nice to see gobby Aussies’? Never a good sight imo.

Why should he wind his neck in? Because throughout the pandemic I think those participating in all sports, not least cricket, have generally done a good job of deferring to those who understand the implications of Covid best and haven’t tried to ‘score points’ in the way Paine appears to be.

As regards our ‘B team’. You have a point. Aren’t they the only ones to have actually won a series recently?

P.S. Are you better? Sounds like it.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 02-10-2021 at 06:31 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)