+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Breidablik v The Famous Aberdeen Match Thread

Great result.
    Any away win in Europe needs to be applauded .Looked a bit sticky at half time , Glass made the changes and we seemed to kick on again .
    Still a work in progress, but we have a manager who is not afraid to make subs as and when required and a proper striker .
    Keep the faith in young full backs but rest them when can .
    Looking better than some of the doom merchants were predicting couple weeks ago.

Considine as predicted looked much better with Gallagher.

Ramirez able to score with both feet and his head is a nice change.

Lots of plus points and a few issues still to be addressed. Interesting season ahead.

Should win next week and then we'll know where we are squad wise.

A win away from home always good in Europe. Agree that great to see Glass being proactive in making subs.

McCrorie definitely a bit ropey at centre back, but I’d stick with him and give him time to develop. That said, I’d partner him with Gallagher not Considine.

JET a bit of an enigma. Does some things really well, but half the time it doesn’t seem to stick. Certainly doesn’t press, as Michael Stewart pointed out. Maybe a bit more fitness will help?

Ojo obviously a lot better than last year, but not sure I really understand why he’s on the wing. Ends up looking a bit lost when he’s required to do something creative.

I think there’s a bit more depth in the squad than I thought, but I’d still want another striker as an absolute minimum, and ideally a creative midfielder and a left back.

It’s certainly interesting to watch how this is playing out, and if I lived anywhere near Pittodrie I’d be queuing up every week to watch.

The potential prospect of reaching the group stages of a European competition could hopefully make us more attractive to new signings.

Still not convinced by Ojo but he's been playing well. Just struggles with that final ball and he really struggles. Maybe just needs confidence.

Seems to be playing better in a box to box role, needs Russel to work with him to find that shooting boots.

Anyone know if Ferguson and Hayes were injured or were the subs purely tactical?

Ah canna agree wi a previous comment that Breidablik are Sh1te - Off the ball, near enough the whole game they were closing us down, challenging for every ball and generally gettin in our faces.
    On the ball, they displayed good movement, distribution, energy and endeavour. Seemed to me that they play as a team, can play at tempo with good pace, and looked is if they have an entire team of players who are decent ball players, with a good first touch and some slick passing ability.

Although disappointed to lose two goals in such a manner, I think the Dons did well to come out winners.

Yeah, it was scrappy at times, but overall, an exciting game o' fitba which I thoroughly enjoyed ... all credit to Breidablik for playing their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    We've tuned into McInnes hoofball team again.

let's see if Glass can change a team at half time unlike his predecessor.
    Well he certainly did. Ramsay was getting hopelessly exposed with Ojo not tracking back and McRorie not coming to dominate their long balls. Glass changing to a back 3 at h/t changed the game back in our favour.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    I was dubious about Brown but fair play to him. It has been a very long time since we have had a captain willing enough to get right in the ref's face.
    Brown will prove to be a great signing for us,think he's already proved he's commited,lots of people wrote him off and didnt want him but thats been proved sh@t
    Brown and Ramirez if kept fit will be pivotal to our season
    Last edited by nice1simmy; 05-08-2021 at 10:12 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast