+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings Villans

Greetings Villans

Some of you will know me from way back ... I just thought I would step by and have a look what's happening on Villamad ... Good to see some familiar names like BB, Dazzy, Trianon, Exiled still here ...

Looking forward immensely to the new season ... I beleive Dean has made some great signings and we are in fine fettle for the big kick off ... I no longer have my season ticket so will be watching from my armchair (unfortunately) but will get down at any opportunity I can to get a ticket.

Tough start away at one of the promoted sides - Watford ... and with new players and a rejigged formation I would expect it will take a few games to settle ... but I am hopeful for a win to start our campaign

Hi Iwuz, yes looking forward to the season. Looking forward to New formations and players. Like you, I have no chance if a ticket unless its a cup game. Giid to have you back, we could do with a few more newcomers as conversations can be quite limited, I try my best!
    I think we will look back thinking Jack was a luxury, gauranteed a starting place no matter how he was perfirming, with our bench now looking much stronger, it should keep everyone on their toes. Also looking for a breakthrough from the younger guys, maybe Chucki will get noticed this season? Barry has gone to Ipswich on loan so hopefully come vack better for his experience. It will be interesting to see if Ings & Young start ahead of Watkins & Targett, hope not.
    Yes loads to look forward too, still we have several players to come back or come in since their transfer so not anticipating much of a change apart from Bueno, he looks a good allround player and hopefully put to bed the Name of a certain person!
    We may also sign another top name in midfield?

Hi Iwuz. I'm really looking forward to the season, too. As you say, a tough start to a newly promoted side and our ‘old friend’ Troy. We actually won our last away opening fixture to a newly promoted team (Bournemouth), and we all know how that season ended, AARRGH!!!

Pre lockdown, we managed to get tickets for Everton (H) and Arsenal (a) through the membership scheme, no idea if that’s any help. Also, Lions Clubs get tickets, so you could join one near you.

Not sure when we will travel over to the UK next, tickets or no tickets, so it’s Sky Premier for us.

Enjoy the season, chap.

Welcome back Iwuz , its been a while, exciting times ahead I reckon, a squad full of players with no apparent baggage, well, apart from some of Ashleys "interesting" pics back in the day, and Leon Baileys dad who could be a potential sideshow . Lets hope to feel Villa Park rocking again, even if we cant always get in.

Good to hear from you Iwuz, likewise I am excited for the new season and seeing how we get on with the new additions, the younger players coming through & having more options formation wise.

Hi Iwuz only just got back on here myself, it’s the best place for Villa fans on the Net, some really good people on this site.

Hi BB, will you be keeping an eye on young Louie, now that he's down your way?

Hey Iwuz. Really good to see you posting. Have missed your pre match dressing room boosting posts! Sadly, I'm still as terrible as talking about football as ever, so mostly I stick to reading, which I'm sure everyone is glad about. Giggles.

Will you be joining us in our VM Fantasy League again this year? I'm still on autocomplete so need to get a move on!

Hi Iwuz good to have you back onboard so to speak. ��

Like Winnie says missed your motivational talks.

Exiled

I am also a member and this week I had an email come through for the chance to go into the draw for 2 pairs of away tickets against Watford.
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 07-08-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Hi BB, will you be keeping an eye on young Louie, now that he's down your way?
    I’ll try Exiled, I am an Ipswich Town member, joined to get tickets when we were in the Championship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)