+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup (2021-22)

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    An over represented line up for the draw too…if that would have been the other way round there would have been furore.
    Yes that's true Clarkey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Rotherham v Bolton/Stockport

Good home draw that but it is the FA Cup

To be played either 4th/5th December
    We've never played Bolton in the FA Cup but did beat them 2-0 in the League Cup in 1960 on our way to the final. Could that be an omen? That game aside we've won 2 and drawn 1 with them in the League Cup. The only knockout competition they've ever beaten us in was the last cup game we played them, The Leyland Daf Trophy in 1990.

Stockport on the other hand have the upper hand over us in the FA Cup having won 2 out of our 3 encounters, the last being in the 1st Round in 1993.

So in essence, whoever we face we owe them one!

So Buxton to host Morecambe in Round 2. I feel a definite TV presence for that one as Buxton are the lowest team left in the FA Cup and have a great chance to progress, that is of course if they weren't carrying the MM millstone around their necks

Gateshead or altrincham at home to charlton is a another tv possible.

Although having said that Gatesheads ground is akin to don valley so might not be good tv viewing.spectacles more than spectacle..
    Last edited by clarkey1974; 09-11-2021 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    Yes that's true Clarkey!!!
    Probably the cheap option

Glad it’s a home draw but v Bolton won’t entice our fans (I’m considering missing) so I’m hoping it’s Stockport (I’ll go) and that will entice some of our fans hopefully

Probably Saturday 4th Dec at 3pm

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen an FA Cup draw where those picking out the balls could see the balls in the drum
    Yes it did look like he (SW-P) was looking in the pot when going to pick one

Well it looks like there'll be a few away fans finding their way into home occupied areas for this tie then.

Or if we can't sell our tickets we could give them half of the family stand, that's been done before hasn't it?

In fact with it being an F.A.Cup tie aren't there rules involved where the away team gets a certain percentage of the allocation?

It should be a sell-out, and I reckon it'll be selected for T.V. screening too.
    No No No No, don’t try and give my seat away to away fans !!

Well it looks like there'll be a few away fans finding their way into home occupied areas for this tie then.

Or if we can't sell our tickets we could give them half of the family stand, that's been done before hasn't it?

In fact with it being an F.A.Cup tie aren't there rules involved where the away team gets a certain percentage of the allocation?

It should be a sell-out, and I reckon it'll be selected for T.V. screening too.
    No No No No, don’t try and give my seat away to away fans !!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes it did look like he (SW-P) was looking in the pot when going to pick one
    I watched it online with no sound.

Who were the two muppets doing the draw?

Didn't recognise either of them

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast