+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup (2021-22)

A bit like Brin's bets, another one bites the dust Radcliffe F.C. move on to Monday's draw with a 2-1 win at Mossley and are now just 2 wins away from the 1st round proper.

Not sure if it's an omen but Radcliffe were the first ball out of the bag and have drawn another NPL team at home in the next round when they will play Morpeth Town from Northumberland. Morpeth have never reached the first round proper although they did win the FA Vase when beating Hereford a couple of years back. No players/staff of note at Morpeth although as usual one or two have on occasion laced up their boots at lower echelon EFL teams. Either team are just 2 wins away from the promised land and a potential 'big' day out at NYS.

The game will be played October 2nd and as the two teams are also due to play their league encounter on October 5th it looks like they'll be coming pretty familiar with each other.

Could well be a dour affair on Saturday as the romance of the cup continues. Both Radcliffe, the MM team to follow, and Morpeth are at the wrong end of the NPL and only have one win between them in their last 5 games. I'm going for a 2-2 draw as 3 of Morpeth's last 4 games have ended with that score. If the game goes either way, come 5pm Saturday one of the teams will only be 1 game away from the 1st round proper.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Could well be a dour affair on Saturday as the romance of the cup continues. Both Radcliffe, the MM team to follow, and Morpeth are at the wrong end of the NPL and only have one win between them in their last 5 games. I'm going for a 2-2 draw as 3 of Morpeth's last 4 games have ended with that score. If the game goes either way, come 5pm Saturday one of the teams will only be 1 game away from the 1st round proper.
    Nowt dour about this game CAM, Morpeth 3 nil up at HT.

1-3 to Morpeth, THE CURSE alive & kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    1-3 to Morpeth, THE CURSE alive & kicking.
    I feel we should apologise to Morpeth in advance as they have never reached the first round proper of the FA Cup and now just one game away they have the weight of the MM curse around their necks

I feel we should apologise to Morpeth in advance as they have never reached the first round proper of the FA Cup and now just one game away they have the weight of the MM curse around their necks
    Well just for this once I hope the Curse fails.

Sorry if it has been mentioned but I thought of the FA Cup today and this thread has prompted me, when is the first round draw?

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Sorry if it has been mentioned but I thought of the FA Cup today and this thread has prompted me, when is the first round draw?
    Probably around October 18th as the final preliminary round should be in 2 weeks.

Probably around October 18th as the final preliminary round should be in 2 weeks.
    Ah, cheers

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast