+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup (2021-22)

FA Cup (2021-22)

It's that time of year again when here on MM we start the season long road to the FA Cup Final where no doubt eventually some big time Charlies will lift the trophy and chuck it in a box somewhere whilst they concentrate on The Premiership or Champions League. It was nice to see a 'smaller' team take the spoils in 2021 with Leicester winning out in the end.

So who can we put the mockers on in the preliminary round? As usual some great named teams turning out, one last night that made me particularly peckish was New Salamis but they unfortunately bit the dust at the first attempt. As our usual starting point of Maltby Main are a goal down at the time of going to press I'm going to go with another 'local' interest as our team to follow and aplogise to Grumpy for wandering over the SY border into Barnsley territory.

All hail P.enistone Church F.C. Come on you.......actually they don't seem to have a nickname!

Looks like it ended 0-0 against Lower Breck F.C. and no ET/penalties so a replay at P.enistone on Wednesday night against the scallies from Liverpool.

Maltby Main won 2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Maltby Main won 2-3.
    Just goes to show that the curse is real. They would have lost if I'd picked them

I wonder if Wembley got all the way to the final would they have to play final at a neutral ground…

True to form our team to follow P.enistone Church bow out 2-1 after taking the lead I guess their manager can go back to concentrating on his day job as Vice Principal at P.enistone Grammar School where in opposition a certain CAMiller put in fine performances at both cricket and football some 40+ years ago.

So Lower Breck are now our team to follow and not an instruction we'd give to our former left back when he's doing the limbo Lower Breck are from Anfield, Liverpool and are managed by Gary Moore who I assume isn't the one who wrote and performed Parisienne Walkways as he died in 2011.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 11-08-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Home draw for the lads of Lower Breck against Mossley AFC of the Northern Premier League. Can they upset the form book and become giantkillers? Can they beat the MM curse? All will be revealed on Saturday, August 21st.

BBC to show the game between the oldest football club in the world.Sheffield FC Vs Sherwood Colliery Sat 21st red button 12-30.

Can Lower Breck give us something to cheer about on this miserable Saturday. Unlikely give the curse on the MM cup teams.

Finished 2-2, twice coming from a goal behind so earned a replay at Mossley in midweek. Mossley fans better watch out because the sight of the Lower Breck ultras is a frightening one

https://twitter.com/lowerbreck?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast