+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup (2021-22)

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Don't think our opponents are too impressed either. This from QPR Forum -
    "champagned corks being put back into the bottles! damp squib alert, rother=effing-ham, home. ummmm, magic of the cup gone up in smoke, forget the chance of a 4th rd game, we have to get thru this one first. all the derbies that were possible, new grounds etc.....rotherham, i am sure they are celebrating up norf too, " ee lass put t'ferret down, i'm off down tut london, again, to see that thing they call----lights!"
    Doubtless the postee was wearing a pearly suit.
    "lights"? I wonder what they are. Perhaps our chairman knows

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Terrible draw. No interest from the media, and little chance of a win.
    Wasn’t QPR our only away win in the Championship 3 seasons ago?

Yep and didnt we do the double over em last season? I may be wrong. Worrever it they treat us lightly they may be in for a shock we have a squad now that is capable of beating a champ team and a good away record generally this year. I wunt rule us out getting at least a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Wasn’t QPR our only away win in the Championship 3 seasons ago?
    Yesss, Ajayi last minute winner from a Forde free kick. First away win in 40 odd Championship games. Come away from that one with such hope, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep and didnt we do the double over em last season? I may be wrong. Worrever it they treat us lightly they may be in for a shock we have a squad now that is capable of beating a champ team and a good away record generally this year. I wunt rule us out getting at least a draw.
    .............think it might depend on how many QPR rest with them being"up there", might get away with it if they flood their bench with regular 1st teamers......

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Won 3-1 at home, lost 3-2 away against them last season. Due to our yo-yoistic tendencies we have actually played them at least once every year 2015-2021 and in 8 games have W3 L4 D1 so fairly even. Beat them 2-1 on aggregate over 2 games in the League Cup in 1982. We have never played them in the FA Cup.

One thing Paul Warne hasn't far to travel, to check out QPR.
    Sheffield United v QPR play Monday 13th December 2021 at Bramall Lane.

just had a look on their site and came up with this....

They appear to be on a very good run of form and have not lost since September according to the RTE website .
    There is an up and coming ROI striker playing for them (Ogbene ) who will easily out pace our backs so that will need to be addressed .
    Its a long way off still hopefully we will stay healthy over Christmas and New Year

Sounds like they're scared of Oggy already.

I honestly can’t get my head round why Chelsea v Chesterfield are not selected for viewing

Hull v Everton,Villa v Man U (what a surprise) Arsenal v Forest will receive the tv money instead

Six of the ties will be broadcast live on TV between 7-10 January.

ITV will show Swindon Town v Manchester City, Millwall v Crystal Palace, West Ham v Leeds and Nottingham Forest v Arsenal.

Each of these clubs will receive a live broadcast fee of £85,000.
    Last edited by millertop; 11-12-2021 at 09:31 AM.

And Leeds play West Ham the week after so that will be on MOTD. Oh how the FA love to look after premier clubs … grrrrr😡

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast