+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: FA Cup (2021-22)

Nice touch at today's Forest v Liverpool game with them leaving 97 seats empty and covered with a banner in memory of those who lost their lives at Hillsborough which was the last time the two teams met in the FA Cup.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-60812866

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Nice touch at today's Forest v Liverpool game with them leaving 97 seats empty and covered with a banner in memory of those who lost their lives at Hillsborough which was the last time the two teams met in the FA Cup.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-60812866

I’m losing track of the empty gestures

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I’m losing track of the empty gestures
    The sad thing is Grist is I would have laid money on you making such a comment. Why do you get to be the one who determines whether a gesture is an empty one just because of your prejudices? Are the gestures we make when one of our fans passes away empty? Is the new memorial garden at NYS an empty gesture? Is Yak offering to take in a refugee family from Ukraine an empty gesture?

Chelsea v Palace at Wembley (makes sense but maybe could be at Spurs ground)
    Liverpool v Man City at Wembley (makes no sense. Why not Old Trafford?)

I know it's a money thing but maybe some credence could be restored to the FA Cup if just the final was a Wembley.

Agree, everybody and their grandmother going there theses days

Who said there's no romance left in the FA Cup as our boys from Chelsea upset the MM curse, dispose of the mighty Crystal Palace and book their place at Wembley against that other giant killing team from rural Merseyside. I'm sure both sets of fans will be looking forward to that once in a lifetime (or or is it twice a season) pilgrimage to the home of English football as much as all us neutrals will be looking forward to finding something better to do that day.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Who said there's no romance left in the FA Cup as our boys from Chelsea upset the MM curse, dispose of the mighty Crystal Palace and book their place at Wembley against that other giant killing team from rural Merseyside. I'm sure both sets of fans will be looking forward to that once in a lifetime (or or is it twice a season) pilgrimage to the home of English football as much as all us neutrals will be looking forward to finding something better to do that day.
    Well compared to the Liverpool Vs Man C semi that was bang average.

I just realised that the final has been played and our lads from The Bridge either let us down or simply became the 100th victim of the famed MM FA Cup curse. Not long now before we'll be back again for the 2022-23 preliminary rounds when at least there will be some romance in the cup before the killjoys from the upper leagues join proceedings in January.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233